Windows 10: Where is SyncToy?

Discus and support Where is SyncToy? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to download SyncToy, but the download page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15155 gives me a 404 error "We're sorry,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by J-S-1, Mar 16, 2021.

1. J-S-1 Win User

Where is SyncToy?

I'm trying to download SyncToy, but the download page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15155 gives me a 404 error "We're sorry, this download is no longer available" and the search bar doesn't give me any hints as to where it might have gone. Is SyncToy no longer available?

:)

J-S-1, Mar 16, 2021

2. Synctoy

Hi Kevin,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you using a 32bit or 64bit system? On the Start menu, type System, and then hit Enter.
    • Are you getting any error messages before the SyncToy application hangs?
    • Has the SyncToy application in Windows 10 ever worked before?
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Updte Plans for Microsoft SyncToy

Hi Lamak,

Issues related to SyncToy are support in the SyncToy forum. I suggest you to post the query in the following link for better assistance.

Technet forums

Hope this information helps.

Pavan_N, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Jon Cohen Win User

Where is SyncToy?

SyncToy is critical functionality for me. Please keep it viable!

My objective is to maintain my secondary (laptop) computer so that if my primary (desktop) computer dies or if I lose my Internet connection, I can continue work. I put all my critical files in a "Sync Data" folder on the desktop of both computers, and
    when I change anything, I just let SyncToy sync those folders up.

Networking in general & SyncToy in particular has been losing functionality with Windows 10 for some time. I'm having a very difficult time getting both computers appropriately visible to the other via Networking & File Sharing, and SyncToy simply can't "see"
    the other computers on the network.

So,

1. Are the alternatives to SyncToy that work well?
    2. How can we provide feedback to Microsoft to keep SyncToy working?
    3. And I wouldn't mind some ease-of-use improvements.

One of the SyncToy web pages suggested this as an alternative: Free Backup Software for Windows 10/8/7 - AOMEI Backupper Standard

Anyone have any experience with this software?

Thanks in advance.

Jon Cohen, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Where is SyncToy?

1. Where is SyncToy? - Similar Threads - Where SyncToy

2. Where is the official website for Audio Drivers for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the official website for Audio Drivers for Windows 11?: I'm not sure why windows 11 is so confusing with audio drivers. I googled and I can't seem to find the official website for audio drivers windows 11. What gives? Why is it so complicated. Can you please give me the website where I can download the audio driver for Windows 11?...
  3. Where is the official website for Audio Drivers for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the official website for Audio Drivers for Windows 11?: I'm not sure why windows 11 is so confusing with audio drivers. I googled and I can't seem to find the official website for audio drivers windows 11. What gives? Why is it so complicated. Can you please give me the website where I can download the audio driver for Windows 11?...
  4. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?: how does the set up for camera work .Where does it get installed? please laymens terms . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-the-plug-in-for-usb-camera-installed-at/a0bb6097-55ac-4d89-ae98-3a56bbdaeacd
  5. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?: how does the set up for camera work .Where does it get installed? please laymens terms . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-the-plug-in-for-usb-camera-installed-at/a0bb6097-55ac-4d89-ae98-3a56bbdaeacd
  6. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

7. Where can i buy a 2,4 Ghz transceiver,v2,0, for keyboard 6000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can i buy a 2,4 Ghz transceiver,v2,0, for keyboard 6000: Hi my transceiver 2,4 GHz is lost and i need a new one for my Wireless keyboard 6000 v3.0, and mouse, please send me a replacement transceiver, i cant use my computer anymore.I have important work to do all week so waiting for prompt reply.Regards* Changed to a question...
  8. Where can i buy a 2,4 Ghz transceiver,v2,0, for keyboard 6000

Where can i buy a 2,4 Ghz transceiver,v2,0, for keyboard 6000: Hi my transceiver 2,4 GHz is lost and i need a new one for my Wireless keyboard 6000 v3.0, and mouse, please send me a replacement transceiver, i cant use my computer anymore.I have important work to do all week so waiting for prompt reply.Regards* Changed to a question...
  9. Where can i buy a 2,4 Ghz transceiver,v2,0, for keyboard 6000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. where to download SyncToy for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where to download SyncToy for Windows 10: hi all, could someone help me finding where to download SyncToy for Windows 10? the link i could find in the community does not work anymore. in case SyncToy is not available anymore could you suggest me any othe tool Microsoft certified with same funtions?thanks in advance....