Windows 10: Where is system backup in Windows 10?

Discus and support Where is system backup in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Where is System Backup in Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ray_856, May 16, 2020.

1. Ray_856 Win User

Where is system backup in Windows 10?

Where is System Backup in Windows 10?

:)

Ray_856, May 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 16, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, May 16, 2020
  4. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Where is system backup in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Where system backup

2. where is backup found in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where is backup found in windows 10 ?: recently my Drive F stopped working, so where is my backup found to restore the lost FC packet ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-backup-found-in-windows-10/ce20dd98-8486-42d9-b819-fa57606d577a
  3. where is backup found in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is backup found in windows 10 ?: recently my Drive F stopped working, so where is my backup found to restore the lost FC packet ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-backup-found-in-windows-10/ce20dd98-8486-42d9-b819-fa57606d577a
  4. where is backup found in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Window's 11 - Where is the backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window's 11 - Where is the backup?: Hello,Where can I manually backup my files?Where can I check the status of Backup?Where can I change the backup settings?etc, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-where-is-the-backup/ee84b5f2-46c6-44e5-8149-915680531ac3
  6. Window's 11 - Where is the backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window's 11 - Where is the backup?: Hello,Where can I manually backup my files?Where can I check the status of Backup?Where can I change the backup settings?etc, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-where-is-the-backup/ee84b5f2-46c6-44e5-8149-915680531ac3
  7. System image backup in windows 10

System image backup in windows 10: For storing system image backup, should I have a separate hard drive dedicated to system image backups? Can i use the hard drive to store any other data? How big would a system image file would be? If I had 50gb worth of data in my system, would the image file also be 50gb or...
  8. Windows 10 system image backup

Windows 10 system image backup: Since installing windows on a SSD drive, system image backup fails with an error Messages "Failure in preparing backup image (0x807800C5)" "Specified backup disk cannot be found (0x80780081)"...
  9. Windows 10 Backup system

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 Backup system: Today I thought that I would give Windows 10 backup a try. I thought that it would be quite simple but that was being a bit optimistic I think. When I click on 'Add a Drive' I only get one drive showing and therefore I can't see the drive that I want to backup and neither...
  10. Where the heck is windows backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Where the heck is windows backup?: where the heck is windows backup. I have Win 10 Home and cant find it? 111809

Users found this page by searching for:

1. last backup

2. date of my last backup

3. how do i do a system backup in windows 10