Windows 10: Where is the Avast chest on the disk?

Discus and support Where is the Avast chest on the disk? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Where is the Avast virus chest located on the disk? The reason I ask is that Avast has unexpectedly marked an application I have used before as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ricecrispies, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Where is the Avast chest on the disk?

Where is the Avast virus chest located on the disk? The reason I ask is that Avast has unexpectedly marked an application I have used before as infected and quarantined it. I want to get the file to submit it to Virustotal for a second opinion, but I don't want to mark it as safe until I have done that, which means that I can't do what I need to do within the options available in the Avast UI.

:)

ricecrispies, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Molly D Win User

Should I delete wscript.exe or leave it in Avast's Virus Chest?

I have Windows 10 Pro X64. On March 10, 2018 my anti-virus program found the following infected file: wscript.exe. This file originated in C:\Windows\system32. It is now isolated in Avast's Virus Chest. Could I safely delete it or should I leave it
    in the Virus Chest?

Molly D, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Molly D Win User
    Should I delete wscript.exe or leave it in Avast's Virus Chest?

Thank you for your reply. I will leave it in the Virus Chest and will check further with Avast.

Molly D, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

Where is the Avast chest on the disk?

Le Boule, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Where is the Avast chest on the disk?

1. Where is the Avast chest on the disk? - Similar Threads - Where Avast chest

2. Avast Residual Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast Residual Files: How do I remove Avast residual files from my computer? During one of my CCleaner updates, I missed the decline of downloading Avast anti-virus and now I can't get rid of the apparent residual files. I successfully uninstalled the program but I can't get rid of the lingering...
  3. C Where is the password reset disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Where is the password reset disk: How do iiI locate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-where-is-the-password-reset-disk/89b668d3-2d62-4292-b1f2-8c0bd3a4a487
  4. Avast

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Avast: Hello, Dear Sir, please be nice if you can help me with the activation of Avast Antivirus. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast/c3225749-4e8a-4415-8200-ae12661a903c"
  5. Where is System Disk located?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where is System Disk located?: Wanting to clean PC. App is requesting System Disk. Where is it located? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/where-is-system-disk-located/2b76f757-f47a-4e7c-b335-e340359bbcd1
  6. AVAST VPN

AVAST VPN: Olá! Tenho windows 7 Ultimate.Minha rede é doméstica e particular. Conexão de Rede - Acesso a Internet. Network Connection;No ícone do computadorzinho. Acontece that depois that instalei o Secure Line VPN da Avast, pois é o meu antivírus (O Premier) (todos são pagos)...
  7. Avast

Avast: ola, nao consigo abrir o avast antvirus no meu computador window XP, o que posso fazer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_xp/avast/6faa07e1-58a3-46d2-b9ff-6ffe87543fd8
  8. Issue with Avast

Issue with Avast: Hi Was wondering if I could get an opinion on the Avast free security, I've been using for some time but the constant reminder of your PC is being slowed by certain things like 2 GB's of junk files and a few other things, is this a major concern. thanks very much and sorry...
  9. Avast blocks the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Avast blocks the internet: Avast update block all the internet Avast blocks the entire internet – again • The Register 84141
  10. Where are "Disk Defragmenter"and "Disk Cleanup" in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are "Disk Defragmenter"and "Disk Cleanup" in Windows 10?: I just installed the Windows 10, and can't find the above 2 programs. So, I googled "Windows 10 Defrag", but they only showed where the program is in Win 7, 8, and 8.1, not where the program is in Windows 10. Any help will be very much appreciated. 15742