Windows 10: Where is the Avast chest on the disk?

Discus and support Where is the Avast chest on the disk? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Where is the Avast virus chest located on the disk? The reason I ask is that Avast has unexpectedly marked an application I have used before as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ricecrispies, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Where is the Avast chest on the disk?

Where is the Avast virus chest located on the disk? The reason I ask is that Avast has unexpectedly marked an application I have used before as infected and quarantined it. I want to get the file to submit it to Virustotal for a second opinion, but I don't want to mark it as safe until I have done that, which means that I can't do what I need to do within the options available in the Avast UI.

:)

ricecrispies, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Molly D Win User

Should I delete wscript.exe or leave it in Avast's Virus Chest?

I have Windows 10 Pro X64. On March 10, 2018 my anti-virus program found the following infected file: wscript.exe. This file originated in C:\Windows\system32. It is now isolated in Avast's Virus Chest. Could I safely delete it or should I leave it
    in the Virus Chest?

Molly D, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Molly D Win User
    Should I delete wscript.exe or leave it in Avast's Virus Chest?

Thank you for your reply. I will leave it in the Virus Chest and will check further with Avast.

Molly D, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

Where is the Avast chest on the disk?

Le Boule, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Where is the Avast chest on the disk?

1. Where is the Avast chest on the disk? - Similar Threads - Where Avast chest

2. Avast Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avast Software: Turned on my computer last week where I found Avast software installed without my knowledge. What is it and should I uninstall it? Thanks. Cheers, Ted Kramer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast-software/287bdeb7-268b-47e1-9b28-b4b7d616eb41
  3. Avast

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast: I keep getting pop ups on my computer from Avast Secure Line VPN. Don't know who they are or how they keep popping up. Like to know who the heck they are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast/3d1def0b-e611-429c-a3e5-9645c64cde45
  4. Chest Strap App for Windows?

Chest Strap App for Windows?: Hello, I would like to practice my sport with a chest strap to track my pulse live. I own a Microsoft Surface Go and wanted to use it to get my pulse displayed there. However, I am unfortunately a bit confused, as the subject of chest straps is very new to me. So far I...
  5. City Racing 2 - Chest Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    City Racing 2 - Chest Issue: After an automatic update from Microsoft, I am now unable to open any of the chest I receive from racing. Is there anyway I can get this corrected without uninstalling and restarting from scratch....
  6. AVAST!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AVAST!: so suddenly avast antivirus installed in my pc, im just annoyed and try to uninstall it with different ways and still didnt work, so my last effort is activating administrator mode and log in to administrator mode, when im in admin mode i still cant delete the folder and it...
  7. Medal of Honor War Chest Problems.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Medal of Honor War Chest Problems.: Hi I'm having issues with the Medal of Honor War Chest. Allied Assault works perfectly with no modifications to any of the files, but Spearhead and Breakthrough crashes instantly with no error message. I tried looking up solutions, but everything that I could find relating to...
  8. Avast removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avast removal: Hi Folks I have a Dell laptop here from which I'm struggling to remove Avast Free. I downloaded and ran the Avast Removal tool which tells me I've succesfully removed Avast. However, if I do a search I find numerous Avast files still on the C: - 36 files in the...
  9. Avast

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Avast: Hello, Dear Sir, please be nice if you can help me with the activation of Avast Antivirus. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast/c3225749-4e8a-4415-8200-ae12661a903c"
  10. Avast

Avast: ola, nao consigo abrir o avast antvirus no meu computador window XP, o que posso fazer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_xp/avast/6faa07e1-58a3-46d2-b9ff-6ffe87543fd8