Windows 10: Where is the bloat?

Discus and support Where is the bloat? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/cgfuhjcawzq41.png?width=1121&format=png&auto=webp&s=1bbece496ca8cc47ad8158545c786e5bdddc66e5 Hi All! As you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iM-iMport, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Where is the bloat?

/u/iM-iMport, Apr 5, 2020
  2. CJLim Win User

BL-5C inflates / bloates / expandes

It may not be listed as defective on the website but that does not mean it isn't. It could also be damaged/bloated due to overcharging. Prsonally, if it is starting to bloat or if it gets very hot during charging, I would replace it as soon as possible.
    I would not take the risk.

CJLim, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Bit the bullet, and ordered my laptop!!

In the meantime, I'm thinking about a list of "indispensible software" to install... while trying to avoid bloat-ware.

Here's my list. Any suggestions welcome. (OS will be Vista Home Premium x64 so they must be 64bit compatible)

- Avast Antivirus
    - Spyware Doctor

(any better suggestions for the above two?)

- CPU-Z
    - GPU-Z
    - SIW
    - 3DMark 06 (vantage... I think the last time I checked it wasn't free or I'm confusing it with something else?)
    - SuperPi
    - CoreTemp
    - ATITool (mainly for GPU temperature monitoring)
    - Piriform Defraggler

- Firefox
    - Fraps

Am I missing out something, and where do you suggest I could improve?

Black Panther, Apr 5, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Where is the bloat?

Microsoft Windows 10 App Store

Hi,

One reason why your Windows Store is not working is because of too much cache. This might be bloating the app causing it not to function efficiently. We suggest that you try to clear the Store cache. After that, perform the steps below:

• Right click on the Start menu.
    • Click Run.
    • Type WSReset.exe.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Where is the bloat?

1. Where is the bloat? - Similar Threads - Where bloat

2. My account is "banned indefinitely", where do I go to file an appeal? What is the website...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account is "banned indefinitely", where do I go to file an appeal? What is the website...: hello, please see above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-is-banned-indefinitely-where-do-i-go-to/9f34f104-5dd3-4b73-b2c4-cf5795b5509a
  3. My account is "banned indefinitely", where do I go to file an appeal? What is the website...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account is "banned indefinitely", where do I go to file an appeal? What is the website...: hello, please see above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-is-banned-indefinitely-where-do-i-go-to/9f34f104-5dd3-4b73-b2c4-cf5795b5509a
  4. Where are my pictures? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my pictures? Windows 10: I can't open try to open pictures some of them open, but the bulk of them show an empty folder. Can you help me?Also, the font on the menu at the top of display are so small and the titles on the tabs opened are also so small. I have trouble reading them. Is there a way to...
  5. Where are my pictures? Windows 10

Where are my pictures? Windows 10: I can't open try to open pictures some of them open, but the bulk of them show an empty folder. Can you help me?Also, the font on the menu at the top of display are so small and the titles on the tabs opened are also so small. I have trouble reading them. Is there a way to...
  6. Where are my pictures? Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...: . I'm getting the 'this app not Microsoft verified' message so I have gone into Settings/Apps & can see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open Advanced App there is no choose option, only Share, Aliases & Archive. Can anyone help please?...
  8. Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...

Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...: . I'm getting the 'this app not Microsoft verified' message so I have gone into Settings/Apps & can see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open Advanced App there is no choose option, only Share, Aliases & Archive. Can anyone help please?...
  9. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...
  10. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...