Windows 10: Where is the Bluetooth stack for Windows hidden on Microsoft's webpage?

Discus and support Where is the Bluetooth stack for Windows hidden on Microsoft's webpage? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have a bunch of domain PCs where Windows update is blocked, Updates are fed through our servers instead. Because Microsoft has a way of pushing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeTheIE, Jan 14, 2021.

1. JoeTheIE Win User

Where is the Bluetooth stack for Windows hidden on Microsoft's webpage?

We have a bunch of domain PCs where Windows update is blocked, Updates are fed through our servers instead. Because Microsoft has a way of pushing bad, buggy drivers through their update system, which causes breakdowns and downtime, we rightly have that blocked by group policy as well.

Now, when we have a Bluetooth device we want to install on a machine that did not come with Bluetooth, we can't as the Windows 10 Bluetooth stack is not built into the Windows 10 install image like it should be. We can install the Bluetooth device with drivers we found online, but Windows 10 does not show the Bluetooth service, nor does it have the Bluetooth functionality in its new control panel.

This is similar to the problem we are having with the Windows IME, so every time we have thoroughly tested and try to update to the new build of Windows 10, The language files, dictionaries and such which allow the IME to actually work have to be transplanted from a non-domain device. IME should have been built into the Windows 10 image from the get-go, not exclusively downloaded through windows update. As a result, those of us who speak more than one language are shot in the foot on every major update because we can't get at the installation files we need to.

Where can I find offline installers that will permit the proper installation of the Bluetooth stack, for the 1909 and later builds of Windows 10, additionally, where are the offline install files for the IME for Windows 10 for the 1909 and later?

:)

JoeTheIE, Jan 14, 2021
  2. ult_nrg Win User

Intel 6230 Bluetooth stack

Wondering if anyone has an intel 6230 wifi + bluetooth mini pcie chip?

If so, do you happen to have a bluetooth stack for win7 64bit? I've tried both the default Microsoft stack as well as the Intel stack (Proset) but neither have profiles for phone audio (so i can't talk on my phone via bluetooth)

Any help would be awesome! *Smile Where is the Bluetooth stack for Windows hidden on Microsoft's webpage? :)

ult_nrg, Jan 14, 2021
  3. janet21 Win User
    Widcomm or Microsoft Bluetooth Stack

Hi Sage

This is the System information from the PC Suite:

Operating system:

Microsoft Windows XP

Build 2600

Service Pack 2

Bluetooth stack:

Microsoft Bluetooth stack

Version 5.1.2600.2180

So I DO have the MS Bluetooth stack afterall, but I still can't get a connection.

There nothing in control panel about Bluetooth devices.

In System, Device Manager there is listed the following: USB Bluetooth Driver (CSR),

Bluetooth Virtual Com6 (and 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12), Fujitsu Bluetooth Audio (SCR), USB Bluetooth Driver for SCO Link.

This is becoming infuriating.

I am not using BT for any dial up connections either.

My phone does pick up a BT headset.

janet21, Jan 14, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Making it Better with Bluetooth Technology v4.0

Microsoft's Windows 8 announcement introduces native support for Bluetooth v4.0. Bluetooth v4.0 enabled products running the Windows 8 operating system, such as the new Surface tablet, will be Bluetooth Smart Ready products, enabling them to connect to familiar Bluetooth devices, like wireless speakers, and to the next generation of ultra power-efficient Bluetooth Smart products now coming to market.

Last weeks' Microsoft announcement is an acknowledgement of the massive Bluetooth ecosystem and strong consumer demand for secure, convenient wireless connectivity the technology provides," said Suke Jawanda, Bluetooth SIG CMO. "With Bluetooth v4.0 incorporated into the Windows operating system, hardware and software developers will have increased opportunities to provide new devices, applications, and services for their customers. Securely feeding web services and applications with cloud friendly data via a Bluetooth connection is a key component in the shift to cloud computing and more broadly, the Internet of Things."

OS-level support for Bluetooth 4.0 technology in Windows 8 allows hardware and software developers to tap into the billions-strong market of Bluetooth products in a scalable way. App developers will be able to use an API to feed data collected from Bluetooth Smart low-energy sensors, like a fitness monitor or medical device, to an application running on a Bluetooth Smart Ready product like the Microsoft Surface.

The launch of Bluetooth v4.0 unleashed a wave of new Bluetooth Smart and Smart Ready devices which provide manufactures and developers the opportunity to create the next generation of devices and software applications that will transform the way consumers interact with their technology. Microsoft is the latest in a list of companies utilizing Bluetooth v4.0 and the technology's low energy capabilities, a list that also includes major brands like Nike, Samsung, Panasonic, Nintendo, Sony and Ford, among others. Bluetooth technology's massive ecosystem is expected to expand remarkably within the next five years reaching 20 billion cumulative Bluetooth enabled device shipments by 2017.

btarunr, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Where is the Bluetooth stack for Windows hidden on Microsoft's webpage? - Similar Threads - Where Bluetooth stack

2. Windows 95, where is the file fdisk hidden?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 95, where is the file fdisk hidden?: Where is the file fdisk hidden in Windows 95z https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-95-where-is-the-file-fdisk-hidden/5dd02413-5b38-432b-a0b8-c6d27bf85030
  3. Where is Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is Bluetooth?: Cannot find Bluetooth in my Win10. Went to turn it on and it would not show or connect. Device was turned on and showed Bluetooth on the device. Read some help pages but nothing worked. See pics. Can you help?Thank You Q...
  4. Where is Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is Bluetooth?: Cannot find Bluetooth in my Win10. Went to turn it on and it would not show or connect. Device was turned on and showed Bluetooth on the device. Read some help pages but nothing worked. See pics. Can you help?Thank You Q...
  5. Where the ad blockers are hidden?

in Browsers and Email
    Where the ad blockers are hidden?: Hello, Im using the latest versions of Win10 (v. 20H2 Build 19042.685 - 64 bits) and Chrome. Where my ad blockers are hidden? If I click on the 3 vertical dots (top right of Chrome) choose more tools then extensions no ad blocks are shown! Well then, why lots of sites ask...
  6. Hidden texts on some webpages

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hidden texts on some webpages: [ATTACH] Occasionally I encounter a webpage where the fonts for entries are invisible. I believe I've had this happen in apps as well. In the attached pic, I was ordering from a website and needed to enter first name, last name, and e-mail address in the top 3 blank...
  7. Microsoft Devices Webpage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Devices Webpage: Hello all, I was just looking around at my Microsoft devices. It shows my PC and my drives connected to it. This is all while away on a work trip. I was wondering if there is a way to look into my actual drives to see the files from the webpage. It seems to me like it...
  8. Microsoft Webpages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Webpages: I have a new dell laptop, setup windows completely fine, logged into my Microsoft account no problems. However after about 1 week I found I had no connection to any Microsoft websites that required me to sign into my account on this specific machine. It was all login.live...
  9. Where to change Windows sampling rate? Is it hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    Where to change Windows sampling rate? Is it hidden: I work with audio using an external audio usb interface running at 44.1k. Windows is changing it to 48k for some reason...*cry so I have to set Windows sampling rate to 44.1k to match my external audio usb interface (scarlett 18i20). But I cannot access any page where I can...
  10. Windows 10 Microsoft Bluetooth stack SPP issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Microsoft Bluetooth stack SPP issue: 1. After installing a "big platform update 1803 (April 2018)" some devices (for example Bluedio T5 headphones) stoped to work normally (they just hang). But other devices was working normally, with some stranges, but worked. Bluedio T6 worked normally, so I started to use...