Windows 10: Where is the CD program on this computer???

Discus and support Where is the CD program on this computer??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Where is the CD program on this computer???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarionBradley2, May 21, 2020.

1. Where is the CD program on this computer???

Where is the CD program on this computer???

:)

MarionBradley2, May 21, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, May 21, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 21, 2020
  4. Where is the CD program on this computer???

good program to burn mp3 cd's

i've been using nero for a long time to satisfy all my cd/dvd burning needs but i feel the nero is a bit bloated these days, i'm wondering if there is another program with less bloat that will allow me to make mp3 cd's with less extra software or steps involved, basically just a reletively simple burning program

psychomage343, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Where is the CD program on this computer???

1. Where is the CD program on this computer??? - Similar Threads - Where program computer

2. my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it...: My computer won't go back to the cd when running a program. I install it from the cd and everything seems fine but when it needs to get more from the cd it says insert cd into drive. The cd is in the drive. I can read everything on the cd, it doesn't matter how many times I...
  3. my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it...: My computer won't go back to the cd when running a program. I install it from the cd and everything seems fine but when it needs to get more from the cd it says insert cd into drive. The cd is in the drive. I can read everything on the cd, it doesn't matter how many times I...
  4. my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. upload CD to computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upload CD to computer: Trying to upload a CD to my computer Windows 10. Went I click on the 'D' drive a list of tracks appears but it is track01 etc. Size is 1 KB and when I try to copy I only get that 1 KB. When I click play the songs will play but when I copy/paste I only get 1KB....
  6. inspiron 5680 /cd player where is it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    inspiron 5680 /cd player where is it?: inspiron 5680 /cd player where is it? cannot find box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inspiron-5680-cd-player-where-is-it/959c2305-e39f-4474-9ee8-d47f10d700f0
  7. CD-ROM program installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD-ROM program installation: I retained a copy of Office Home and Student 2010, and need it in order to read my saved items on a flashdrive. The CD-ROM spins when I try to install, but nothing appears on the screen. What are my options? I have a product key....
  8. Computer fails to install setup .exe program from original CD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer fails to install setup .exe program from original CD: I’ve purchased a new HP laptop running Windows 10. My problem is that I cannot install media for the wireless printer. I tried to run the setup .exe program from the original CD but received a message that I should get the permission from the administrator. Then I tried to...
  9. Free program to copy a cd to a blank cd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free program to copy a cd to a blank cd: Is there a free program download that will allow you to make copy the contents of a cd to a blank cd? Thanks Jerry 77804
  10. Backing up programs to a cd

in Windows 10 Support
    Backing up programs to a cd: Good evening to all. Been wondering about backing up all of the small programs that I have downloaded CCleaner for example. Would it be possible to save all those that are in my download folder to a cd/dvd disc, Is that a possibility Please. Many Thanks. David. 85509