Windows 10: where is the clean cache in Edge?

Discus and support where is the clean cache in Edge? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can no longer find the clean cache in Edge??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeborahLipp, Nov 21, 2019.

1. where is the clean cache in Edge?

Can no longer find the clean cache in Edge??

:)

DeborahLipp, Nov 21, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 21, 2019
  3. How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

Hello

CCLeaner cannot yet clean the cache of Microsoft Edge. You can clean your browsing data by following these steps.

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear
    If you don;'t understand exactly what I mean
    then see this post
    for a detailed step by step instruction with images.

Hope it helps you!

Yuri

Yuri Pustjens, Nov 21, 2019
  4. where is the clean cache in Edge?

Move the Edge browser cache to a RAM disk

Not a very bright response from a supposed support engineer.

What should have worked is a Symbolic Link, but both Edge and Groove (probably the same for all metro native apps) fail to utilise them (edit: properly). Incredibility short sighted to bloat and wear SSDs and provide no option to place the used folder paths
    to a separate disk.

Fun implementation, no? /rant

Edit: native metro apps do work with SymLinks if you do them very carefully. Here's a step by step (wrote this elsewhere since ms wont let me sign in on pc, but happily on phone):

*These steps are exactly as I did them (also works with ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe if you stream a lot and don't want it to wear/bloat your SSD - yes, "stream" apparently means "save to disk"), some steps may be unnecessary, but worth
    doing just in case. Your mileage my vary, if you follow these steps you do so at your own risk. Depending on restarts, step 1. may need to be repeated. MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe may have a different name on your PC.

• Run cmd from the start menu with admin rights (right-click command prompt and select run as administrator).
    • Take full ownership of the cache folders to be safe, you may want to clear using disk cleanup first. Type takeown /F "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC" /A /R and press enter (%USERPROFILE% should
      work, but if not replace it with [Drive]:\Users\[Username] as per normal).
    • When it finishes (depends on size) make an exact copy to your other drive (replace E:\Edge Cache as desired; and make sure Edge\Groove\etc. isn't running or you will get 'in use' errors). Use: robocopy"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC" "E:\Edge
      Cache" /E /COPYALL /DCOPYwhere is the clean cache in Edge? :DAT
      ensure that there are no skipped\failed files, otherwise retry after disk cleanup.
    • Instead of deleting the original as required for Symbolic Links, suggested you rename it: ren "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC" "AC Backup" in case the SymLink fails when you can just rename
      it AC again, deleting the SymLink (you can do this using windows explorer as well). If the renaming encounters 'in use' errors even though Edge\Groove\etc. isn't running then restart your PC and retry.
    • Create the SymLink as follows (replacing E:\Edge Cache as needed):mklink /D"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC" "E:\Edge Cache" then restart your
      computer.

After some time if everything is working smoothly and you're sure its the other drive being used for caching then you can safely delete the original AC Backup file, but I just deleted #!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cache from the backup. If you don't use disk clean
    up, all your Edge cache should be retained.

Pseudonymous[arb#], Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

where is the clean cache in Edge?

1. where is the clean cache in Edge? - Similar Threads - where clean cache

2. Where is the Windows 10 Mail cache?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Windows 10 Mail cache?: Where is the Windows 10 Mail cache? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-windows-10-mail-cache/04e45466-98df-4dfd-95e9-d5fa0775d322
  3. Where is the Windows 10 Mail cache?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the Windows 10 Mail cache?: Where is the Windows 10 Mail cache? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-windows-10-mail-cache/04e45466-98df-4dfd-95e9-d5fa0775d322
  4. Cache cleaning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cache cleaning: Hello : Does anyone know if I clean the "prefetch", "temp" or "%temp%" folder there might be some problem on my pc? some people say that deleting can improve performance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cache-cleaning/9c51962f-6ece-4313-a404-255681ac73d5
  5. Cache cleaning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cache cleaning: Hello : Does anyone know if I clean the "prefetch", "temp" or "%temp%" folder there might be some problem on my pc? some people say that deleting can improve performance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cache-cleaning/9c51962f-6ece-4313-a404-255681ac73d5
  6. edge caches

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    edge caches: Edge tracks my browsing even though I use only Firefox. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-caches/4160f1ed-d54b-4fa3-980d-0b326d335c39
  7. "Edge" Cache files

in Browsers and Email
    "Edge" Cache files: Hello,Although I have disabled "Edge" (I do not use it), by adding at the end of the folder in "System Apps" this "(old)". When I open "CCleaner" to clean cache files (and cookies) - there are lot of cache files from "Edge" - I recognize them by their icon.I am the only user...
  8. "Edge" Cache files

in Windows 10 Support
    "Edge" Cache files: Hello,Although I have disabled "Edge" (I do not use it), by adding at the end of the folder in "System Apps" this "(old)". When I open "CCleaner" to clean cache files (and cookies) - there are lot of cache files from "Edge" - I recognize them by their icon.I am the only user...
  9. Mklink created to move Edge cache but cache not in target location?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mklink created to move Edge cache but cache not in target location?: I have a curious MKLINK issue with Win 10 Pro. I wonder if someone could clarify for me. Latest updates as of 23/4/19. Desktop Intel i7. 16 Gig RAM. First, I have a folder on J:\XMKLINK TEST. I created mklink /D "L:\XMLINK TEST" "J:\XMLINK TEST" Explorer shows the orig folder...
  10. Restoring Microsoft Edge start page after cache clean.

in Browsers and Email
    Restoring Microsoft Edge start page after cache clean.: I know that by rebooting the PC that this restores the start page and I also know that the start page is a script part of which logs me into my Microsoft account. Does anyone know how to run the script without having to always reboot the computer.? 80721