Windows 10: Where is the compose new mail in the mail app?

Discus and support Where is the compose new mail in the mail app? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I know this sounds dumb, but after the last update a couple of days ago, I can no longer find the compose new mail link in the mail app. I use windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by myraphillips1, May 20, 2019.

1. Where is the compose new mail in the mail app?

I know this sounds dumb, but after the last update a couple of days ago, I can no longer find the compose new mail link in the mail app. I use windows 10 64 pro. After all the things I had to repair after the last update, I am not really surprised to find this problem. I don't know if it matters but I had to do a recovery to be able to access the internet, and then a complete scan of my folders by advance system care 12, all files clicked. after doing this I was able to connect to the internet. But my computer is extremely slow and now this new problem with my email app.

Any suggestions on how to fix my computer?

:)

myraphillips1, May 20, 2019

2. Cannot compose an email in Windows 10 mail app

Hi Wilson,

In order for us to better assist you, we would like to ask a few questions regarding the issue on composing a new mail in the Mail app.

• Did you make any changes or updates to your PC prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

To troubleshoot Mail app, we suggest running the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check this
    link and follow the instructions given.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, May 20, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Where is the compose new mail in the mail app? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 20, 2019
  4. Chaply Win User

Where is the compose new mail in the mail app?

Not getting the contact names in Windows Mail app while composing Email

I compose an email in Win 10 mail. I click on the "To". The popup shows "Suggested recipients", not the usual People app list of names .... and I cannot do anything with names in the suggested list, even if I select one.

This has to be People app related, right?

***Modified title from: People app***

Chaply, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Where is the compose new mail in the mail app?

1. Where is the compose new mail in the mail app? - Similar Threads - Where compose mail

2. New Outlook mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Outlook mail app: New PC has Windows11 installed, purchased and installed Microsoft 365. When setting up email accounts the new Outlook app does not have a POP3 option, has Imap, GMail, Yahoo etc. How do I enable POP3?...
  3. New Outlook mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Outlook mail app: New PC has Windows11 installed, purchased and installed Microsoft 365. When setting up email accounts the new Outlook app does not have a POP3 option, has Imap, GMail, Yahoo etc. How do I enable POP3?...
  4. Where's my mail?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where's my mail?: Don't know if I selected the correct Category/Topics. If not please move and inform me. My wife has a Live mail account, not Outlook, that she's had for years. Everything's been fine until the recent update. She has always gotten multiple emails from her FB friends, FB...
  5. Not getting the contact names in Windows Mail app while composing Email

Not getting the contact names in Windows Mail app while composing Email: I compose an email in Win 10 mail. I click on the "To". The popup shows "Suggested recipients", not the usual People app list of names .... and I cannot do anything with names in the suggested list, even if I select one. This has to be People app related, right?...
  6. Windows 10 Mail app - zoom in when composing adds horizontal scrollbar

Windows 10 Mail app - zoom in when composing adds horizontal scrollbar: When composing a message in the mail app, I want my text size to be the default 11px because that seems like a reasonable font size to send. On the other hand, I prefer that my text is a bit larger, which makes it easier to read. If you zoom in when composing a message in the...
  7. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...
  8. New mail app

in Browsers and Email
    New mail app: Decided to dump the windows live mail and use the new mail app in windows 10,Got it working okay with both my emails. 1.outlook.co 2.gmail.com Both worked okay,So trying to adjust the settings to have a notification on new mail.But totally got confused followed the info...
  9. Where is "Archive" in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Where is "Archive" in Mail app: Hi all, Just started to use the "Mail" app on a new work PC I built with W-10 Pro. Eval. copy Build 14316.rs1 release 160402-2217 I have 5 accounts set up on it and sort of like it. The only confusing thing I found, and haven't found an answer, is what happens to messages...
  10. New Mail App and Notifcation

in Browsers and Email
    New Mail App and Notifcation: Love the new Mail app and Notification in Windows 10. At last can have all my mail under one roof without using a third party app like I was doing and sometimes freezing. Got it working lovely with Outlook. gmail & yahoo, also facebook & twitter. So just a big thank you to...