Windows 10: Where is the default user set and how it can be changed permanently? - Windows 10 and...

Discus and support Where is the default user set and how it can be changed permanently? - Windows 10 and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change this permanently?- Every new windows installation that I use my Microsoft Account with, the default user is preset to "marlo"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kinglouiexx, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Where is the default user set and how it can be changed permanently? - Windows 10 and...

How do I change this permanently?- Every new windows installation that I use my Microsoft Account with, the default user is preset to "marlo"

:)

kinglouiexx, Jul 23, 2021

2. Permanent default changes in windows 10

Original Title: Permanent default changes.

I change default settings for wi-fi , touch pad and some programs. When 10 goes into sleep mode or restarts, the defaults are reset to the factory defaults. How can I permanently change the defaults to how I set them.

Thank you.

JohnCrisalli, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Where is the default user set and how it can be changed permanently? - Windows 10 and...

Changes to Windows 10 default settings do not stay set

Hi Laurel,

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

It is unusual that the changes would not stay permanent. Did you make any changes to the system prior to the issue?

In order to identify if this is a corrupted user account related issue, I suggest you to try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Follow the steps provided in the help article below:

Set up accounts

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Where is the default user set and how it can be changed permanently? - Windows 10 and...

1. Where is the default user set and how it can be changed permanently? - Windows 10 and... - Similar Threads - Where default user

2. how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10?: I recently bought a new pcbut i noticed tonight that the user folder with all my files and music has been set to save on the smaller ssd drive in the pc with the rest of the apps instead of the 1 tb drivei dont want to be in a position somewhere down the line where i'm...
  3. how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10?: I recently bought a new pcbut i noticed tonight that the user folder with all my files and music has been set to save on the smaller ssd drive in the pc with the rest of the apps instead of the 1 tb drivei dont want to be in a position somewhere down the line where i'm...
  4. how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 - changing default user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - changing default user: I giving my computer to my friend. I want to change the default user i already created a new admin user and make sure they cam access appstore and has microsoft edge. Then i want to remove my profile original default profile completely. How do i do this with windows 10?...
  6. Can you change all settings to default on windows 10?

Can you change all settings to default on windows 10?: Hi, so if you're logged in to windows 10 the settings change automatically to the normal settings you've been using on your other device. But i want to completely reset these settings on both devices all settings to default. Is this possible?...
  7. Windows 10 - How can I reset the Windows Settings to their default setting without changing...

Windows 10 - How can I reset the Windows Settings to their default setting without changing...: Windows 10 - How can I reset the Windows Settings to their default setting without changing anything else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-can-i-reset-the-windows-settings-to/d22e1398-59c9-4873-8f19-bc2308c31085
  8. How to Set a Printer as the Default for All Users on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Set a Printer as the Default for All Users on Windows 10: I need to set a network printer as the default printer for all users (several thousand) on a particular workstation. Thoughts?...
  9. Task scheduler windows 10: how to change the default user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Task scheduler windows 10: how to change the default user?: When I edit a task I already created (like the one in the print screen), and press ok, it set a wrong user (it sometimes set it as "medium mandatory level", and the task won't run until I set the user as "Me-PC\Me" Where can I set the default account for the task to...
  10. How to change boot options permanently (Win 10 not being default)?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change boot options permanently (Win 10 not being default)?: I am trying to have my computer boot Linux by default, from an external hard drive, while my internal drive has Windows 10 on it. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work: Windows 10 boots automatically at every restart and cold start. Steps I've taken so far: The boot order...