Windows 10: Where is the esc key on the onscreen keyboard? [SOLVED]

Discus and support Where is the esc key on the onscreen keyboard? [SOLVED] in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Doesn't one just love how useless these communities are? Microsoft, Google and then some could learn a great deal from companies like OnePlus that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Timmmmaaahh, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Where is the esc key on the onscreen keyboard? [SOLVED]

Doesn't one just love how useless these communities are? Microsoft, Google and then some could learn a great deal from companies like OnePlus that actually listen to their community. Anyway, here it goes. Again.

The default onscreen keyboard in Windows 10 on tablets has no Esc, numpad (Del, End, etc.) or function (F1, F2, ...) keys. Also notice how one can't combine the Ctrl and shift keys.

This question was already raised in 2012 (link 1 below). This is actually funny.. A "Volunteer Moderator" suggested to use the F11 key instead. Eventually a sensible user provided the OSK workaround. Mind that Win 10 was released in 2015. In that year it was raised again (link 2 below) and it was condescendingly "misunderstood" and eventually locked without any answer.

Link 1: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-esc-key-on-onscreen-keyboard/2875614e-fc5b-4044-a9ca-fc64ef3c5846

Link 2: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-desktop/where-is-the-esc-key-on-the-onscreen-keyboard/09cf0d5d-a7ee-4763-a5a2-904b3ba402ae

When searching for "keyboard" in "Windows Settings", it reads "Search results aren't quite ready yet, but we're working on getting them together. Try back in a few minutes.". Can someone explain to me why Android is miles ahead in intuitivity and functionality?

But guess what; there's a solution!

• Open Windows Settings
    • Tap Devices
    • Tap Typing
    • Scroll down to Touch keyboard
    • Enable Add the standard keyboard layout as a touch keyboard option
    • Pull up the keyboard
    • Tap the input key bottom right
    • Tap the far right keyboard option (yes, the one that was disabled by default)

You're welcome =)

:)

Timmmmaaahh, Jan 25, 2019
  2. wellread Win User

where is the esc key on the onscreen keyboard?

Where is the ESC, ALT and WIN keys on the surface book onscreen Touch keyboard?

Note: I found the full keyboard in Control Panel>Ease of Access center but this keyboard does not seem to be accessible from the Touch keyboard icon on the taskbar

wellread, Jan 25, 2019
  3. wellread Win User
    where is the esc key on the onscreen keyboard?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Attached is a screen shot of the lower half of my desktop with the Touch keyboard displayed. To orient you, the desktop is in landscape and my taskbar (brown band) is docked on the right side of the screen. As you can see there is no esc, alt or win key
    on the Touch keyboard. The &123 and emoticon key show additional keys, but no esc, alt or win key.

Where is the esc key on the onscreen keyboard? [SOLVED] 5e433197-3cb7-4c36-b52a-44689f7f9e68.png

wellread, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Where is the esc key on the onscreen keyboard? [SOLVED]

Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Where is the esc key on the onscreen keyboard? [SOLVED]

1. Where is the esc key on the onscreen keyboard? [SOLVED] - Similar Threads - Where esc key

2. russian keyboard/onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    russian keyboard/onscreen keyboard: Is there any way to type in russian, using the cyrilic alphabet. i don't want to type phonetically with an english keyboard nor do i want to switch over to exclusively a russian keyboard. is there an option to use on occasion?what is the onscreen keyboard for? I have...
  3. esc key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    esc key: I have no idea what I did, but now I when I hit my esc key I get the HP System Information window. In order for me to get the normal esc key function, I have to hit Shift + esc. Can someone help me undo this?...
  4. esc key

in Windows 10 Customization
    esc key: I have no idea what I did, but now I when I hit my esc key I get the HP System Information window. In order for me to get the normal esc key function, I have to hit Shift + esc. Can someone help me undo this?...
  5. esc key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    onscreen keyboard: I have a Dell Latitude 7220 tablet using Windows 10. The device is currently in tablet mode and the onscreen keyboard will not deploy. The keyboard icon is visible in the bottom right hand corner, but nothing happens when you click on it. I have gone in the keyboard settings...
  7. Onscreen keyboard

Onscreen keyboard: My keyboard has been spoiled and I used onscreen keyboard to type before upgrading from windows 7 to 10 but now the onscreen keyboard types the same like my corrupted keyboard. When I type 2 it shows @ shift values for all the numbers and symbols If I on caps lock it shows...
  8. Onscreen keyboard

Onscreen keyboard: How do I get rid of the onscreen keyboard? It appears during the bootup sequence. Since I use the regular keyboard, I have to manually close it several times a session. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onscreen-keyboard/854646e3-61b5-40d0-a1b6-168630438043
  9. Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard: My onscreen keyboard looks like this. Nothing I do can change it. Help. Don Cole [img] 124733
  10. Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard: Are there any settings for this thing? Not sure if any of you have ever used Android but the keyboard on that operating system actually has settings. I can't seem to find anything useful on Windows 10. 26330

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where can i founf ESC key on my tablet without keyboard

2. where is ESC key on tablet which is without keyboard

3. on screen esc

4. windows virtual keyboard esc key,
  5. esc key on screen keyboard,
  6. where is the esc button on keyboard,
  7. esc key for windows screen keyboard,
  8. esc key on windows,
  9. where is esc key on virtual keyboard,
  10. esc on screen keyboard,
  11. windows 10 esc oncreen keyboard,