Windows 10: Where is the facility for changing general MS Office background colour

Discus and support Where is the facility for changing general MS Office background colour in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Before W10 I could go into the area now called 'Personalize' and after rummaging around I could find an 'Advanced' button that took me to a screen... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by SkylineW10, May 5, 2016.

1. Where is the facility for changing general MS Office background colour

Before W10 I could go into the area now called 'Personalize' and after rummaging around I could find an 'Advanced' button that took me to a screen where I could use a colour palette to change the default background colour of documents and it would apply to Outlook, Excel, Word and others. I prefer a light blue to white. (In this area you could also choose to change the default colours for all different parts of the Windows display).

My options migrated ok when I moved from W7 to W10 but I somehow messed something up yesterday and now I've got white and can't find this W7 (and previous) background colour display change facility. I experimented with themes and some seem to affect this universal background colour, but I can't find where to tweak that to what I want.

Does anyone know where this old 'Advanced' colour options has gone to? *cry

Many thanks.

:)

SkylineW10, May 5, 2016
  2. CowmanHB Win User

MS office for my lumia 1020 needs high contrast?

I assume this is a problem for the developers for the Microsoft Office apps. I don't know how to change the background colour to black in the MS office apps for my Lumia 1020.

I've changed the theme to High Contrast mode system wide on my windows phone, but the MS office apps background colour is still white and it kills my eyes. If there isn't a way to change this, please allow for an option to do so. Most of my apps have black
    accent colours like Internet Explorer which I love.

When I turn on high contrast 'On' on my desktop computer, MS Office apps all have black accent colours on my desktop. Please do the same for windows phone office apps.

My phone's software is all up-to-date.

Thank you.

CowmanHB, May 5, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    Dark theme in email reading/composition and office hub

The Email app and Office Hub are the two places where the colour of the text itself can be changed. The font colour of emails can come in any colour and so can Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, etc. If the Email app/Office Hub were to use the dark background,
    then black font would have to become white font, and then other colours would either have to be swapped to their opposite for consistency, but then the document would look nothing like its original, or leave all colours as is except black/white, causing some
    confusion on the actual colour of that text. And since most of these emails and documents are written on a white background, its best for emails and Office to use the light background.

This is not an official stance, this is my speculation as to why the email app and Office Hub always use the light background and for this reason, will likely never change.

Entegy, May 5, 2016
  4. Where is the facility for changing general MS Office background colour

In Outlook click File > Office Account > Office Theme, maybe? Limited options though.

alphanumeric, May 5, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Where is the facility for changing general MS Office background colour

1. Where is the facility for changing general MS Office background colour - Similar Threads - Where facility changing

2. Page background colour in all office packages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page background colour in all office packages: Until changing over from Window 7, I was able to change the background page colour in all allication, by changing this in personalising settings. I am dyslexic and having the white page is difficult. Since being at school this have been teh first thing change with each new...
  3. change background colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change background colour: when I am doing a dark jigsaw, it is difficult to see when the background is also dark, I can't change the background colour because that command is not highlighted. how do I highlight, I have already uninstalled and re installed, does not see to work....
  4. Changing print background colour

Changing print background colour: When I try to print a form I get a black background with white writing. How do I change the background colour so that I get a white background with black writing?...
  5. MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change

MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change: When I double click on a word to select it, the selection background changes to black and the text changes to white. This is a text selection issue. It is not a permanent change such as you would do using Home/Font/Text Highlight Colour or Home/Paragraph/Shading. It is...
  6. Need change background colouring PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need change background colouring PDF: Hello I have a Lego instruction manual for Ghostbusters Fire Headquarters as a PDF, unfortunately the background is black, as is the printed manual, makes it difficult to read.....need to change the background to white.. tried Acrobat PRO, Edit, preferences, accessibility,...
  7. background colours need change to blue

background colours need change to blue: background colour settings to my blue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-colours-need-change-to-blue/bc77af09-0324-4589-bfdd-371c3b830ef7
  8. Outlook & MS Office generally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook & MS Office generally: The Outlook app on my laptop is doing weird things! The email doesn't display in the preview panel or does display in an unreadable format. Some text is missing from the list panel. I'm having to revert to using the online version. I am constantly getting 'xxx is not...
  9. Change Folder Background Colour

Change Folder Background Colour: How to change Folder Background Colour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-folder-background-colour/1ad34827-a83d-4f7b-afa6-3b7e1cc91499
  10. Change background colour settings

Change background colour settings: How do I change the background colour so that the pages are not black with white text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/change-background-colour-settings/f468001b-34f2-435c-a69c-dd7a9c20e229