Windows 10: where is the file delete option?

Discus and support where is the file delete option? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry for the super vague question. Weeks ago I found some option in windows to delete unused files. It listed types of files, and they were in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Aug 15, 2021.

1. ironfist Win User

where is the file delete option?

Sorry for the super vague question. Weeks ago I found some option in windows to delete unused files. It listed types of files, and they were in collections by size, and could be up to 10 gigs. So when they were deleted, it took hours to finish. The option I'm talking about wasn't in Explorer, it was in one of the windows menus somewhere. I know this is unhelpful, but I haven't been able to find it again.

:)

ironfist, Aug 15, 2021
  2. keakar Win User

Help !!! delete temporary internet files options are corrupted and freezing

ok the safe mode worked, I went to the temp file and deleted everything there but the FXSAPIDebugLogFile which I couldn't get rid of at all for some reason but the temp file deletion is now working in the internet options utility as well as disk cleaner now *Clap :clap:

thanks guys*Toast :toast:

keakar, Aug 15, 2021
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Aug 15, 2021
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

1. where is the file delete option? - Similar Threads - where file delete

2. Where are these options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are these options?: Hello,Where in Windows 11 are these options for wireless display castingand the ability to see my mouse on the second display? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-these-options/3f92ff1f-4551-477b-b7a6-aaf7e6d9e4c1
  3. Where are these options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are these options?: Hello,Where in Windows 11 are these options for wireless display castingand the ability to see my mouse on the second display? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-these-options/3f92ff1f-4551-477b-b7a6-aaf7e6d9e4c1
  4. Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?: I used to be able to locate a file's location after searching for it in File Explorer with the Search option and right-clicking on the file, but it seems like that option is not available any more. Can anyone please help? This is slowing down a lot of things for me....
  5. Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?

Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?: I used to be able to locate a file's location after searching for it in File Explorer with the Search option and right-clicking on the file, but it seems like that option is not available any more. Can anyone please help? This is slowing down a lot of things for me....
  6. Where is the delete after import option in the Photos application?

Where is the delete after import option in the Photos application?: Where is the option to delete photos after import? How can I enable the delete after import function? Previous versions of the PHOTOS application allowed users to delete selected photos after they were imported to their computer. This option is not available anymore....
  7. Where are the files that Windows Defender deleted?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where are the files that Windows Defender deleted?: My windows defender keeps removing my files. I go to scan history and NOTHING is there. I cannot restore these files. Where are they? Thanks...
  8. Where is that Option - Remove Rigth click Delete option ( its for scambaitng ) ( its a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is that Option - Remove Rigth click Delete option ( its for scambaitng ) ( its a...: This webpage https://www.thewindowsclub.com/remove-click-context-menu-items-editors Dont show me where the Delete option is its only giving me Option to add stuff its WONT show me anny info where that delete is ( i m like to remove that ) when you click whit the rigth mouse...
  9. Where Could Deleted Files Be?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where Could Deleted Files Be?: Win10. I copied hundreds of image files from G: to E: to make room on G: for Macrium images. Looking at the sizes they didn't match so I tried to get duplicate finder software to compare the directories so's I'd know what was missing and be in a position to delete those...
  10. What is Safe to Delete with new File Deletion Options?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is Safe to Delete with new File Deletion Options?: This how to geek article discusses what may be safe to delete after running the new tool to free space included with the Creator's Spring Update. I am really not sure after reading what we should or should not delete. CAn anyone enlighten me? Thanks. Free Up Disk Space Now...