Windows 10: where is the finger print scanner on my hp envy

Discus and support where is the finger print scanner on my hp envy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; new to this where is the finger print scanner on hp envy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by timothysheppard1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. where is the finger print scanner on my hp envy

new to this where is the finger print scanner on hp envy

:)

timothysheppard1, Sep 4, 2018

2. Will finger print scanner work on Windows 10?

Original Title: Windows 10 - Hardware

I have a HP Pavilion dv6 with finger print scanner, primarily used for Windows login, will the finger print scanner still work after upgrading to Windows 10?

Extra Info: Software installed is HP SimplePass, powered by AuthenTec.

AdamReynolds1785, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Unable to print using my HP ENVY 4500 printer

I am unable to print from my computer and I use W (10).
    I use an HP ENVY 4500 printer and use a network setup by the HP Printer.
    Everything was working fine for several months until yesterday.
    First it wouldn't scan. Next it wouldn't print from my computer. Today the scanner works fine but I cannot print. I use an HP Envy 4500 series (NET) as scanner.
    The computer was printing to an "HP ENVY 4500 series (NETWORK)" which it has always done.

Three things:

1. When I go to "Devices and Printers" it says that " this a web services printer".
    At "See What's Printing it
    says under "Status," "Error - Printing."

2. Also, under the column "Port" it says "Status FOXIT_PDF:
    I have no idea what "FOXIT_PDF:" is.

3. Lastly at "Device Manager, it says "This device is working properly."
    FYI It says, at " Location" on HP65DE1D (HP ENVY 4500}.

For the record, I had changed some settings on the computer before this thing happened.
    I have no idea what I changed. I'm guessing that I may have changed some setting that may have caused my problem.

I'll work on what you suggest.

Many thanks.

Jim Nolan

Original subject: My my computer print.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

lakgj Power Point, Sep 4, 2018
  4. where is the finger print scanner on my hp envy

Windows Hello - Finger Print scanner

Hi Nalintha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that finger scanner is not working after upgrading to Windows 10.

This may occur due to outdated or incompatible drivers. Let's try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the finger scanner drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Right click on your finger scanner device.
    • Click on Update Driver Software
      and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hope this helps you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

where is the finger print scanner on my hp envy

1. where is the finger print scanner on my hp envy - Similar Threads - where finger print

2. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger print scanner: my finger print scanner is not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/1309cb00-d749-41c7-a5e1-826baf6f0826
  3. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print scanner: my finger print scanner is not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/1309cb00-d749-41c7-a5e1-826baf6f0826
  4. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger print scanner: I bought my brand new Microsoft surface go laptop 3 months ago, it has been working perfectly fine I love the laptop. but in the past couple of days, my fingerprint scanner is not working, it says this laptop doesn't support it and some features are unavailable because of...
  5. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print scanner: I bought my brand new Microsoft surface go laptop 3 months ago, it has been working perfectly fine I love the laptop. but in the past couple of days, my fingerprint scanner is not working, it says this laptop doesn't support it and some features are unavailable because of...
  6. finger print scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. HP ENVY FINGER PRINT SCANNER NOT WORKING

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP ENVY FINGER PRINT SCANNER NOT WORKING: After a recent update, my fingerprint scanner does not work on my HP ENVY x360 running Windows 10. I have done all of the recommendation, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Made sure I had all the recent updates, yet Windows Hello Fingerprint still stats that this...
  8. Finger Print scanner

Finger Print scanner: Hi, I have an HP envy 13 laptop with a touchscreen and my fingerprint scanner doesn't appear to be working. I have had it set up previously but the laptop now makes me use a PIN. I've been into settings to try and set up the scanner again but under windows hello fingerprint...
  9. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    finger print scanner: finger print scanner on my hp laptop stopped working after 2019-08 update to 1903 KB4512508. suggestions please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/bcc1e803-82b8-43a1-94d2-555fde30587a
  10. Finger print scanner on hp envy

Finger print scanner on hp envy: I have windows 10 and window hello installed. But when I set it up I didn't activate the fingerprint scanner it said I could do it later. Later, i went into the sign in section in setting and found that windows hello was activated. The option for the facial recognition was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is the finger print scanner at on my device HP envy x360 its not on the panel

2. hp envy fingerprint sensor location

3. Where is the fingerprint sensor on my HP envy

4. hp envy fingerprint scan not working,
  5. fingerprint sensor hp envy 2018,
  6. fingerprint scanner hp envy beats,
  7. hp envy beats audio finger print scanner,
  8. where is my finger scan on my envy,
  9. hp envy 2018 2019 fingerprint scanner moved,
  10. where is the finger scanner on hp evny,
  11. where is the fingerprint sensor on hp envy,
  12. where is the fingerprint button on hp envy,
  13. WHERE IS FINGER PRINT SCAN,