Windows 10: Where is the fingerprint sensor located?

Discus and support Where is the fingerprint sensor located? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Where is the fingerprint sensor located? On the trackpad? It does not seem to respond to my finger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BettyMiller3, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Where is the fingerprint sensor located?

Where is the fingerprint sensor located? On the trackpad? It does not seem to respond to my finger

:)

BettyMiller3, Dec 25, 2018

2. Fingerprint sensor disabled by Windows 10 update 1803

I recently installed update 1803 on my HP Windows 10 laptop. The fingerprint sensor stopped working. I don't know if was turned off or disabled or what.

Is there a way I can fix it? I found a thread about it here, but I'm not sure what they they are suggesting.

William Jockusch, Dec 25, 2018
  3. fingerprint sensor

hi, I have a Lenovo T470p and I have the same problem: fingerprint sensor is not working anymore after Windows Update. Please help us

hadiheidary, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Where is the fingerprint sensor located?

Fingerprint reader not working

Thanks for the response. We need to update the driver associated to fingerprint hardware to help resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel --> Device Manager.
    • In the Device Manager, click Biometric Devices and expand the list. The fingerprint sensor is listed as a
      Synaptics FP Sensor, depending on the model of your system.
    • Right click on the device and choose Properties.
    • In the Properties, click “Driver” tab.
    • Click “Update Driver” for searching updated driver package even if the driver is up-to-date.

Let us know if this works.

Martin Bar, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Where is the fingerprint sensor located?

1. Where is the fingerprint sensor located? - Similar Threads - Where fingerprint sensor

2. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  3. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  4. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. fingerprint sensor on a DELL Inspiron 15 5000, where is it located or do I need to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    fingerprint sensor on a DELL Inspiron 15 5000, where is it located or do I need to...: I have tried to enable my fingerprint sensor, but I am instructed to place my finger on the fingerprint sensor without telling me if the image on the screen is the sensor or the camera. Neither works and nothing more is explained,...
  6. Fingerprint sensor

Fingerprint sensor: Where can I find the fingerprint sensor on an HP Envy 17 laptop? I'd like to set up Windows Hello, but I can't find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sensor/02571187-82c2-41dc-ab66-e84bcf574afe
  7. Fingerprint sensor

Fingerprint sensor: This message always appers on the lock screen after the driver updated, even though I clean the fingerprint sensor it display message again if the computer is locked. What can i do to fixed this problem? [ATTACH]...
  8. fingerprint sensor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint sensor: Hey, I recently purchased a Lenovo ideapad c340. On starting the computer, the fingerprint scanner option was not available and sign in options displays scanner as being unavailable in this device. The scanner was working perfectly fine before this. I tried the command...
  9. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fingerprint Sensor: Where is the fingerprint sensor on a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sensor/204bf66a-08c5-4225-b428-d9f1dc2c914c
  10. fingerprint sensor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint sensor: good day, hello i want to ask, most of new laptop now has fingerprint sensor but it only function to login using windows hello. can i use the fingerprint sensor to something more like to keep password or to lock folder ? if it can how to use it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Where is my fingerprint sensor located on my windows laptop

2. dell fingerprint sensor location

3. wher is the finger print sensore

4. fingerprint sensor dell,
  5. where is my fingerprint sensor,
  6. where is the fingerprint sensor on this computer,
  7. were is the fingerprint on a xodu,
  8. dell finger print sensor location,
  9. fingerprint sensor location,
  10. where is fingerprint dsensor in windoe 10,
  11. where is the finger senor in windows,