Windows 10: Where is the folder for NEW ?

Discus and support Where is the folder for NEW ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to remove, and add, some shortcuts to the NEW of the dropdown list when right click on desktop. Just don't know where to find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by icacream, Feb 21, 2018.

1. icacream Win User

Where is the folder for NEW ?

Hello,
    I would like to remove, and add, some shortcuts to the NEW of the dropdown list when right click on desktop.
    Just don't know where to find the folder...*Confused
    Thanks

:)

icacream, Feb 21, 2018

2. where is the favorites folder for Edge?

WEARHER UB GRAND RAPIDSL MN,

PattyLou(2), Feb 21, 2018
  3. where is the favorites folder for Edge?

HI,

Thank you for updating us.

We would like to know if your issue has been resolved implementing the methods provided above. Do share the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 21, 2018
  4. Where is the folder for NEW ?

Hi,
    New what ?
    Repeat which ever action you did and this time notice where a file or folder is being saved at before you click okay *Smile

ThrashZone, Feb 21, 2018
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, the New context menu entry is not a folder with shortcuts- it is defined in the registry - e.g. New txt:

Where is the folder for NEW ? [​IMG]

You can use New Menu Editor (free) to add entries - but be careful what you wish for.

Here you can see it displays my New Menu items in its right pane.

dalchina, Feb 21, 2018
  6. icacream Win User
    the NEW this and that from the right click on my desktop !!!!

ahhh, had not seen your post dalchina !

icacream, Feb 21, 2018
  7. dalchina New Member
    That's what my #3 addresses.

dalchina, Feb 21, 2018
  8. icacream Win User

I don't understand your last message, dalchina... "That's what my #3 addresses."
    but I'll try smth anyway.... stay tuned !!!! *chuckle*chuckle

icacream, Feb 21, 2018
  9. dalchina New Member
    My post #3 addresses - talks about and provides a solution to- your question about what the New context menu entry and modifying its contents. (Long version).

You could try giving an example of what you want to add...

Add Context Menu With New Menu Editor

dalchina, Feb 21, 2018
  10. icacream Win User
    PERFECT ! *Party

thanks again, dalchina

and thank you also, ThrashZone - had not found the tuto because I did not have the right words to search....

icacream, Feb 21, 2018
  11. Hi,
    No problem ask @Brink for any entries you want to add *Smile
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Where is the folder for NEW ? - Similar Threads - Where folder

2. Has anyone faced an issue, where when you click on a folder icon, then the folder in which...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone faced an issue, where when you click on a folder icon, then the folder in which...: Has anyone faced an issue, where when you click on a folder icon, then the folder in which you were two steps earlier opens up?Moreover, sometimes my Bluetooth icon disappears from the action tray, all troubleshooting provided on the internet would not work, but a restart...
  3. Has anyone faced an issue, where when you click on a folder icon, then the folder in which...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone faced an issue, where when you click on a folder icon, then the folder in which...: Has anyone faced an issue, where when you click on a folder icon, then the folder in which you were two steps earlier opens up?Moreover, sometimes my Bluetooth icon disappears from the action tray, all troubleshooting provided on the internet would not work, but a restart...
  4. How to delete a photo in one folder, but not in another where it also appears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a photo in one folder, but not in another where it also appears.: Sometimes a photo is in more than one folder in File Explorer. I want to keep it in one folder, but not in the other. If I delete it in one place, the message I get "Deleted photos are no longer available across your devices" implies to me that if I delete it in one folder it...
  5. How to delete a photo in one folder, but not in another where it also appears.

How to delete a photo in one folder, but not in another where it also appears.: Sometimes a photo is in more than one folder in File Explorer. I want to keep it in one folder, but not in the other. If I delete it in one place, the message I get "Deleted photos are no longer available across your devices" implies to me that if I delete it in one folder it...
  6. Where are the desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the desktop folders: First, I’m stupid when it comes to this stuff. My pc finally died windows 7 home premium. I had another pc that I put the hdd in and made it a secondary drive and it boots, but I can’t find the desktop files that were on. Of course the files are very important documents and...
  7. Where are the desktop folders

Where are the desktop folders: First, I’m stupid when it comes to this stuff. My pc finally died windows 7 home premium. I had another pc that I put the hdd in and made it a secondary drive and it boots, but I can’t find the desktop files that were on. Of course the files are very important documents and...
  8. How do I save files to my current project folder/subfolder instead of to where I last saved...

How do I save files to my current project folder/subfolder instead of to where I last saved...: Hi,I work with a number of different file types - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, JPG, PNG, etc. - for different projects. Projects are organized by folders and subfolders.It appears that whatever app or tool I'm using, when I go to save a file, it will try to save it in the folder...
  9. How do I save files to my current project folder/subfolder instead of to where I last saved...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I save files to my current project folder/subfolder instead of to where I last saved...: Hi,I work with a number of different file types - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, JPG, PNG, etc. - for different projects. Projects are organized by folders and subfolders.It appears that whatever app or tool I'm using, when I go to save a file, it will try to save it in the folder...
  10. Where is the game folder?

Where is the game folder?: When I download a game off Microsoft store, it says I don't have a folder to download my game onto? How do I find the folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-game-folder/1e538774-fe6a-4286-a6ac-a9b28e2bdda2