Windows 10: Where is the game folder?

Discus and support Where is the game folder? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I download a game off Microsoft store, it says I don't have a folder to download my game onto? How do I find the folder?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tayven McCallum, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Where is the game folder?

When I download a game off Microsoft store, it says I don't have a folder to download my game onto? How do I find the folder?

:)

Tayven McCallum, Nov 28, 2023

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 28, 2023
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. topgundcp Win User

Where is the game folder?

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

Where is the game folder?

1. Where is the game folder? - Similar Threads - Where game folder

2. Where are the desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the desktop folders: First, I’m stupid when it comes to this stuff. My pc finally died windows 7 home premium. I had another pc that I put the hdd in and made it a secondary drive and it boots, but I can’t find the desktop files that were on. Of course the files are very important documents and...
  3. Where are the desktop folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are the desktop folders: First, I’m stupid when it comes to this stuff. My pc finally died windows 7 home premium. I had another pc that I put the hdd in and made it a secondary drive and it boots, but I can’t find the desktop files that were on. Of course the files are very important documents and...
  4. Where is the game folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the game folder?: When I download a game off Microsoft store, it says I don't have a folder to download my game onto? How do I find the folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-game-folder/1e538774-fe6a-4286-a6ac-a9b28e2bdda2
  5. Where are the Pictures folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the Pictures folders?: I found the Pictures folder for Onedrive, and I just might delete Onedrive, but not the ordinary folder. I need to know where is that ordinary Pictures folder and if there isn't one then what if I delete Onedrive....
  6. Where I can find folder with Xbox App games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where I can find folder with Xbox App games?: My little issue here is that I installed FH5 with the GamePass thru Xbox App in my pc, but I installed in my HDD since at that time my SSD was full. Because of the HDD sometimes the game doesn't charge the textures very well, so I decided to delete some files and open up a...
  7. Where I can find folder with Xbox App games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where I can find folder with Xbox App games?: My little issue here is that I installed FH5 with the GamePass thru Xbox App in my pc, but I installed in my HDD since at that time my SSD was full. Because of the HDD sometimes the game doesn't charge the textures very well, so I decided to delete some files and open up a...
  8. Folder Is no where to be found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Is no where to be found: Yesterday I made a folder, and decided to give it a custom Icon. I used the custom icon, but saw it had a border so I found a new icon for the folder and deleted the previous one, before removing the icon. Now that folder is gone, completely gone. First I went to the command...
  9. Where is the "save" folder for Window Store games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the "save" folder for Window Store games: My new machine shipped today, (!!!!!YAY!!!!!!), and should be here soon. My question : is there a folder/file I can save to a flash drive that will save my progress in a game? I've played this one silly little Tower defense game ,BTD5, for years now. First online then I...
  10. Where is the folder for NEW ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the folder for NEW ?: Hello, I would like to remove, and add, some shortcuts to the NEW of the dropdown list when right click on desktop. Just don't know where to find the folder...*Confused Thanks 104799