Windows 10: Where is the HDMI port in the Control Panel?

Discus and support Where is the HDMI port in the Control Panel? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My motherboard has an HDMI port on the back. It does not seem to work. I want to see if it enabled in the Windows Control Panel or Device Manager,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mobile1, Mar 11, 2016.

1. mobile1 Win User

Where is the HDMI port in the Control Panel?

My motherboard has an HDMI port on the back. It does not seem to work.

I want to see if it enabled in the Windows Control Panel or Device Manager, but I cannot find it.

Can anyone tell me where to find it?

Thank you for your help.

:)

mobile1, Mar 11, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Where is the Control Panel option? In the alternative option list.

You have received the Creators Update, Microsoft in their wisdom have removed Control Panel from the right click menu on your Start Button, Microsoft intends replacing Control Panel with their Settings app in the near future . . .

For easy access to Control Panel, type Control into Cortana Search (beside your Start Button), right click the resulting Control Panel Entry and choose 'Pin to Start', this will put a Tile ion your Start Menu from which you can access Control Panel

Where is the HDMI port in the Control Panel? [​IMG]

DaveM121, Mar 11, 2016
  3. justMike_ Win User
    Where is the Control Panel option? In the alternative option list.

Ok then, thanks for replying

justMike_, Mar 11, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

It may show in Control Panel, Device Manager. I have a couple of Dell Notebooks with the HDMI port instead of a VGA port and they have a hardware control, press the Fn key plus the F1 key at the same time to toggle between the LCD panel, the HDMI port or both at the same time. That control may be different on other brands or models.

Berton, Mar 11, 2016
  5. Doesn't work how? What other ports are available and what is connected to them? What is connected to it, and how is it connected? Is it a straight through HDMI cable or are there any adapters connected? Onboard GPU, not an add incard, just want to make sure?

I don't see a specific HDMI listing in Device Manager

alphanumeric, Mar 11, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Sorry, your System Specs showed a Tablet. Is the Desktop a brand-name or Custom? If a Custom it should have come with a CD or DVD containing drivers for the motherboard that have to be installed.

Berton, Mar 11, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    The HDMI port (video portion) is just part of the Display Adapter driver. You won't see it separately in Device Manager. Usually part of the display adapter drivers is the driver for HDMI audio and that will show up, in Sound, Video and Game Controllers and in the Sound control panel.

The Win + P key is the combination to bring up the options for extending the desktop to second display, or showing on just one display.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where is the HDMI port in the Control Panel? - Similar Threads - Where HDMI port

2. where is control panel in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is control panel in windows 11: where is control panel in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-control-panel-in-windows-11/48e60140-134b-4c83-ae94-c0d0f61e8c8b
  3. where is control panel in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is control panel in windows 11: where is control panel in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-control-panel-in-windows-11/48e60140-134b-4c83-ae94-c0d0f61e8c8b
  4. HDMI ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI ports: i am having a issue with one of my HDMI ports. i have two, but only one is working. i cant connect anything via that port. i cant use my second monitor. it just doesnt want to connect to anything....
  5. Where are the old Control Panel items?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are the old Control Panel items?: Does anyone know how i can get the old Control Panel applets/menus in Windows 10 like Display and Default Programs? I know how to get the old Personalisation settings, i just wondered where the rest of the Control Panel pages have gone. Also btw sorry for the terrible...
  6. HDMI Port

HDMI Port: Is it possible to hook up a USB 3.0 adapter to a HDMI female port on my laptop by way of some device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-port/91340db1-1ef4-4b85-b00e-cf115a6aa5f7
  7. HDMI Port

HDMI Port: My HDMI port on my Dell laptop has stopped working after a Microsoft upgrade in April. It does not recognise it at all. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdmi-port/88ad78b8-7c10-4bb7-a3d8-267ea9e451b0
  8. Where is Dim Display in Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is Dim Display in Control Panel?: Hey Guys, I just got a new system , I always had in power options in control panel to "DIM THE DISPLAY" and now in win 10 there is no option to dim the display .. I thought it had to do with the Nvida driver .. or something like that ... Anyone know how to add this option?...
  9. Strange - where is control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange - where is control panel?: Have two laptops - installed Win 10 on old one a while back and now on my new one. On the old one, I have an icon for control panel - on the new one I do not and can find no way to get to control panel. Among other things, I want to disable my touch pad but can find no...
  10. where is the control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    where is the control panel?: this is probably a dumb question, but I want to delete a program and can't find the control panel. I've looked in settings but don't see it anywhere. 13477

Users found this page by searching for:

1. control panel hdmi port

2. hdmi port in control panel