Windows 10: WHERE IS THE LIST OF CATEGORIES STORED IN FILE EXPLORER

Discus and support WHERE IS THE LIST OF CATEGORIES STORED IN FILE EXPLORER in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In OUTLOOK I can see a list of all the categories I have created which I attach to various emails.For example Broadband, Car, Credit Cards etc In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GerryPage, Apr 26, 2021.

1. GerryPage Win User

WHERE IS THE LIST OF CATEGORIES STORED IN FILE EXPLORER

In OUTLOOK I can see a list of all the categories I have created which I attach to various emails.For example Broadband, Car, Credit Cards etc In the File Explorer property pane, if I type the letter B in the category field of a file, File explorer shows me a drop down list of the OUTLOOK category Broadband which I could choose, instead I continue typing a new category called Bank.Later in File Explorer when I want to change the category of a file and begin typing the letter B in the category field, File explorer shows me a drop down list of Broadband and Bank - great, jsut what I want.Bu

:)

GerryPage, Apr 26, 2021

2. file explorer and reading list on windows 10

Hi Colinus,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you faced. We certainly help you with this issue. I want to inform you it is temporary issue it will short out immediately there is no need to go back in previous operating system.
    I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. Are you referring to reading list app?

If you are using reading list app so I would suggest you to run windows app troubleshooter to fix issue.

Follow the below steps.

• Go to control panel and select troubleshooting then in top left corner of your screen select view all.

• Click on windows store app and click on it and run it.
    I want to inform you. You can sort, group, and arrange items in a folder or library view by an added column (detail) in ascending or descending order in windows 10 file explorer.

for more information follow the link:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: It is also applicable for windows 10 as well.

Try these steps and let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Apr 26, 2021
  3. geno368 Win User
    Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Apr 26, 2021
  4. corrywd Win User

Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

1. WHERE IS THE LIST OF CATEGORIES STORED IN FILE EXPLORER - Similar Threads - WHERE LIST CATEGORIES

2. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  3. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  4. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Removing File Explorer categories - How?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing File Explorer categories - How?: How do you get rid of these annoying categories in file explorer, I did it on one windows 10 Pro 20H2 installation but I'm building another and I forgot how... see picture (the circled items): [img] 177428
  6. Where is the <removed> "Wish List" in "Microsoft Store" ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where is the <removed> "Wish List" in "Microsoft Store" ?: There is no <removed> "Wish List" in the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC, not that I can not find it, THERE IS NOT any "wish list" in the top-right 3 dots "..." menu! And there is No Way to add an app to "Wish List"! This is ridiculous and annoying! I did reset the MS...
  7. Where do microsoft store's game file located in file explorer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where do microsoft store's game file located in file explorer: I **** up in random game on microsoft store and i reinstall it but game save on it own and continue as if i never uninstall it, how do i find those game's file and delete it? * Moved from Community Participation Center * OS not specified...
  8. Where are recovered files in file explorer

Where are recovered files in file explorer: A few days ago I was frantically looking for a version of my document that was too old for Version History, not in unsaved documents, not in the recycling bin. I found it by typing in some address that included the terms "C:" and "recovered" in file explorer. Now I need this...
  9. File Explorer list order.

File Explorer list order.: For years through many versions of windows I never had to deal with this issue until the recent update. I like to see all of my sub folders listed first, then the files in a folder. How do I get that to happen. I mostly use list and thumbnail in my folder listings....
  10. Categories for File Explorer or the like

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Categories for File Explorer or the like: So I realize that File Explorer has been talked to death on here but I haven't been able to find any post relating to this and I'm hoping someone has an idea if it's possible or not. Because of my work, I tend to have alot of sub-folders upon sub-folders upon sub-folders,...