Windows 10: Where is the Mail content stored on my computer?

Discus and support Where is the Mail content stored on my computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; E.g. the locally stored e-mail and/or the contact lists? Background if you are interested: I don't particularly like Mail, so I have decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ARYLIOA, Jan 5, 2016.

1. ARYLIOA Win User

Where is the Mail content stored on my computer?

E.g. the locally stored e-mail and/or the contact lists?

Background if you are interested:

I don't particularly like Mail, so I have decided to use Outlook.com to send and receive/consolidate all my e-mail accounts as I did for years. (As soon as MS gets its act together so the "old" and the "new/Preview" versions will talk to each other or converts all the "old" accounts to the "new/Preview" version. For now, I have to use one base "old" account and one base "new" account. I have been told privately that it may be a year before that disaster is resolved).

So far, I have removed the linked accounts, and then disabled Mail by using a local account for Windows 10. Does that remove all the previously stored mail?

I guess I can even remove Mail completely as described on the forum but it doesn't seem necessary. If what I have already done doesn't remove the content, does that remove it?

:)

ARYLIOA, Jan 5, 2016
  2. Misterff1 Win User

Where is my .zip stored on the phone?

Windows Phone does not have a file manager up to this point. Downloaded .zip files should be removed when Internet Explorer history is being deleted.

Misterff1, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Burgerkid Win User
    Where is my .zip stored on the phone?

I think I just downloaded a .zip file on my Lumia 800 but I couldn't locate and delete it.

I was on my Lumia 800 and went here: Subscene - Avatar English subtitle

Plain out of curiosity, I wanted to see if WP can read .zip files so I clicked "Download English Subtitle."

Download seems no problem. I can open the .zip file and found the contents. .srt files can't be opend though.

Then I left the browser and did whatever I was doing and realized hey I just downloaded a file right? Since I am done with it. I should go back and delete it to save some space. But I was in vain since I couldn't locate the file let alone delete it.

Where can I go find the .zip and delete it? Android seems to have a folder for downloaded files though.

Burgerkid, Jan 5, 2016
  4. D3LL Win User

if you go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\, open the folder that starts with "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps", open the folders \LocalState\Indexed\LiveComminside that, then select the folder with the email you want to look at, then one folder down you'll see two folders, "Mail" and "People". Select the one you want, and then a few more folders down you'll .eml files for each of it's stored emails/contacts.

D3LL, Jan 6, 2016
  5. ARYLIOA Win User
    Thanks. My directory structure varied a bit after \LocalState but by searching for .eml below that level I found what I was looking for.

ARYLIOA, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where is the Mail content stored on my computer? - Similar Threads - Where Mail content

2. Where new content is saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where new content is saved: Windows 11: If I am working out of a document and I want to save it under a different name in the same file that I had opened it from it is always taking me to save in OneDrive instead of the file I was working in. If I select "Save As" why is it not staying in the same file...
  3. Where are saved e-mails stored if saved in the Mail aplication?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where are saved e-mails stored if saved in the Mail aplication?: I have a back up of the user folder when upgrading from windows 8 to 10 yet emails that were saved in the mail aplication in folders have not transfer in the upgrade. Where are they contained and are they recoverable?...
  4. Where's my mail?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where's my mail?: Don't know if I selected the correct Category/Topics. If not please move and inform me. My wife has a Live mail account, not Outlook, that she's had for years. Everything's been fine until the recent update. She has always gotten multiple emails from her FB friends, FB...
  5. Change where new content is stored

in Windows 10 Support
    Change where new content is stored: I have a new machine, one of the first things i do is change the location to where new documents etc are stored. I do this to stop crud on my c drive. I have two older machines that operate the same way. I made the changes on this new system is new documents will be stored...
  6. where can i download AOL mail for my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    where can i download AOL mail for my computer: i need to download AOL to get my link for 365 office.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-download-aol-mail-for-my-computer/62b403d8-3882-442c-9b06-68c4924beb06
  7. Change where new content is stored doesn't work

Change where new content is stored doesn't work: I have a brand new Dell G7 laptop, Windows 10 version 1909 OS Build 18363.778. Using Settings - System - Storage - Change where new content is stored, I changed where apps, music, photos, and movies are stored, from C: to D: No error message. However, new content is still...
  8. Contents of mail folder.

Contents of mail folder.: The word verschickt just pooped in my mail folder, what is and how did it get their? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contents-of-mail-folder/95e7624a-5e0f-4521-8413-575347c05333"
  9. change where content is saved

change where content is saved: I install a second hard drive that is recognize be the system, but under "change where content is saved" does not give me the option to choose this drive that is listed as D:. Is formatted as NTFS If I plug an external hard drive I will get the option to saved in it...
  10. Where are stored data / content of Sticky Notes (Stickies) in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are stored data / content of Sticky Notes (Stickies) in Windows?: Hi! I'm using lot of time Sticky notes for Windows 10 and yesterday my system failed and required was reinstallation. Before I backupped whole system partition and want to find lost data. Can anybody help me where is possible to find Sticky Notes (or Stickies) data...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. LiveComminside