Windows 10: Where is the microphone and how do I use it and where are the speakers please

Discus and support Where is the microphone and how do I use it and where are the speakers please in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Where is the microphone and how do I use it please also where are the speakers. Thank you Pam Green4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PamelaGreen4 where is, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Where is the microphone and how do I use it and where are the speakers please

Where is the microphone and how do I use it please also where are the speakers. Thank you Pam Green4

:)

PamelaGreen4 where is, Mar 27, 2020

2. Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see Problem with Lumia 930 second microphone - Page 2 - Windows Central Forums for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, Mar 27, 2020
  3. How can I make a Base Microphone work without it turning off the speakers?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. Let me help you.

As per the description Microphone should work without turning off the speakers.

I suggest you follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon.

• Select playback devices option.

• Now select the speaker as default.

• Now go to recording devices option and select the microphone as default and click on apply.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Where is the microphone and how do I use it and where are the speakers please

microphone speaker feedback

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• When you say that, “you receive feedback between the microphone and the speaker” are you referring to the voice that repeats when you say something on the Microphone?
    • Are you using an inbuilt microphone or an external microphone? If you are using an external microphone, please help us with the make and model of the microphone.
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

If you want to listen to the things on your headphone that you say on the Microphone you can try changing the Listen to this device option for the Microphone that you are using and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to change
    the settings.

1. Right click on Sound icon on the
      Taskbar
      and select Open Sound Settings.
    2. Click on Sound Control Panel.
    3. Click on Recording tab.
    4. Double click on the Microphone that you are using.
    5. Click on Listen Tab.
    6. Select Listen to this device
      if you want to listen to your voice on the Headphone or Clear
      Listen to this device if you do not want to listen to your voice on the Headphone.
    7. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Where is the microphone and how do I use it and where are the speakers please

1. Where is the microphone and how do I use it and where are the speakers please - Similar Threads - Where microphone where

2. where do I change where I get apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where do I change where I get apps?: I looked up a You Tube video, and it told me what to do. However, it says go to settings, the to apps. When I open this it says to change where I get apps from in a drop down menu, instead of Microsoft store. The problem is, that option is not THERE. I can't fine where to...
  3. where do I change where I get apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where do I change where I get apps?: I looked up a You Tube video, and it told me what to do. However, it says go to settings, the to apps. When I open this it says to change where I get apps from in a drop down menu, instead of Microsoft store. The problem is, that option is not THERE. I can't fine where to...
  4. Where is my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my microphone: My microphone all of the sudden has stopped working. It does not appear in device manager, the drivers are gone, and they do not automatically install when replugging my device. I have tried various different videos and methods to fix this to no avail. Help and a genuine fix...
  5. Where is my microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my microphone: My microphone all of the sudden has stopped working. It does not appear in device manager, the drivers are gone, and they do not automatically install when replugging my device. I have tried various different videos and methods to fix this to no avail. Help and a genuine fix...
  6. How do I mute microphone in Speakers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I mute microphone in Speakers?: The microphone sounds are really annoying and I used to be able to mute it through Sounds > Speakers (G533 Gaming Headset) > Levels > Microphone. All I see now is just the slider for Speakers. Here's what it should look like: Disabling Microphone playback. I thought it could...
  7. how and where do i get the clipboard to use on my 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how and where do i get the clipboard to use on my 10: I cannot seem to access clipboard. i'v sent articles there, but cannot access it. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-and-where-do-i-get-the-clipboard-to-use-on-my/1fdcff24-69d5-410d-8802-b55a44d8af75
  8. where do i find the microphone for catana3

in Cortana
    where do i find the microphone for catana3: where do I find the microphone for catana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-the-microphone-for-catana3/24c41bcb-c526-41f0-95ed-25366ac011a8"
  9. Where should I install microphone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where should I install microphone?: I went to set up Skype on my laptop and it says "No device found" for microphone. Neither is there anything under Control Panel > Sound - it says no audio devices are installed. [img] I did a clean install recently and there is nothing missing in device manager (no...
  10. Where is microphone boost?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where is microphone boost?: Does anybody know what's happened to or where the microphone boost settings are in Win 10 1803? Usually it's found in Control panel/Sound/Recording/Microphone Properties. Usually there is an option to boost the mic in db... 110343