Windows 10: Where is the Microsoft Edge's Start Menu shortcut located?

Discus and support Where is the Microsoft Edge's Start Menu shortcut located? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So I want to change the Start Menu Tile background colour for Microsoft Edge. By default, it has blueish tile background. I want blackish/greyish tile... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ten64BitUser, May 1, 2019.

1. Where is the Microsoft Edge's Start Menu shortcut located?

So I want to change the Start Menu Tile background colour for Microsoft Edge. By default, it has blueish tile background. I want blackish/greyish tile background.

Let me explain my need with the help of this screenshot:

Where is the Microsoft Edge's Start Menu shortcut located? [​IMG]

See how Microsoft Edge's tile is blueish while for others, it's greyish? I want even Microsoft Edge's tile colour to be greyish.

Now I came across this article which explains how to change background color of Start Menu tiles. I have created the required MicrosoftEdge.visualelementsmanifest.xml inside "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe". But I am unable to reload the tile cache since I don't know Edge's shortcut's location -- a crucial requirement to reload the tile cache. Without reloading the tile cache, the tile background change isn't being reflected.

So kindly help me with Microsoft Edge's Start Menu shortcut's location.

:)

Ten64BitUser, May 1, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, May 1, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Edge disappeared and start menu not working on Windows 10

Hello Richard,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can isolate the issue regarding Microsoft Edge and Start menu:

• Have you tried to searching in Cortana search to check if Edge can be located?
    • Besides powershell, what other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

In the meantime, you can download and run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter to isolate the issue on Edge.

We also suggest that you download and run the
    Start Menu troubleshooter to fix common Start menu issues.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, May 1, 2019
  4. Where is the Microsoft Edge's Start Menu shortcut located?

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

At first, you can create a shortcut in your Programs folder
    (in a hidden folder C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs). The shortcut appears in
    All apps list. Then you can pin it to Start menu / Taskbar as Mayank Gupta10 suggested.

The common way is to create a shortcut on the Desktop.
    But the more elegant way is creating Custom toolbars.

Sergiy Shklyar, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Where is the Microsoft Edge's Start Menu shortcut located?

1. Where is the Microsoft Edge's Start Menu shortcut located? - Similar Threads - Where Microsoft Edge's

2. Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?: With Win10 pro 21H2 I found that a pinned tile in start menu is broken no icon, though it works as a link. It is the Edge tile to be precise, and the broken icon occurred after a restore system. The rest is ok. Work done:The same broken icon of Edge was also in the taskbar....
  3. Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?: With Win10 pro 21H2 I found that a pinned tile in start menu is broken no icon, though it works as a link. It is the Edge tile to be precise, and the broken icon occurred after a restore system. The rest is ok. Work done:The same broken icon of Edge was also in the taskbar....
  4. Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird

Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird: Hi,All my Microsoft/Windows shortcuts in the startmenu look weird. how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-shortcut-of-microsoft-are-looking-weird/67216c47-6eaf-4d05-a3a5-ca086e199c6d
  6. Multiple Chromium Edge Shortcuts in start menu.

Multiple Chromium Edge Shortcuts in start menu.: I'm trying to make better use of the start menu, and I'd like to pin the new microsoft edge to it. I have two edge profiles, a personal and a school profile. I want to have two shortcuts to edge in start, each one opening a different one of my profiles. I was able to do this...
  7. Where are the app files on start menu located?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are the app files on start menu located?: I have all these preinstalled apps on my start menu, many of which I do not know where their .exe files are located on my machine. Netflix, Evernote, Powerdirector, Paint 3D, there is no open file location when i right click on these apps, they seemed to work fine, but where...
  8. Where is the Microsoft Edge's Start Menu shortcut located?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the Microsoft Edge's Start Menu shortcut located?: So I want to change the Start Menu Tile background colour for Microsoft Edge. By default, it has blueish tile background. I want blackish/greyish tile background. Let me explain my need with the help of this screenshot: [img] See how Microsoft Edge's tile is blueish while...
  9. Where is the location of the Win 10 start menu files?

Where is the location of the Win 10 start menu files?: For whatever reason, even without updates, the start menu no longer works. I can't roll back to a previous version because there was no actual update. I do not have time to download, customize, and transfer all files to a new account (which is bizarre, seeing as how a start...
  10. Edge - Location of Favourites shortcuts

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Location of Favourites shortcuts: I think I may have to re-install Windows 10, but do not want to lose all the shortcuts to my Favourites, along with the directory structure. Where are these files located, in order that I may back-up ? 40231

Users found this page by searching for:

1. startup menu edge shortcut location

2. where is edge shortcut located

3. where microsoft edge shortcut

4. where is the edge shortcut