Windows 10: Where is the option to enable the "Run as administrator" when right clicking on anything...

Discus and support Where is the option to enable the "Run as administrator" when right clicking on anything... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The options is missing from the OS and I want to add it back. submitted by /u/bantheodor [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bantheodor, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Where is the option to enable the "Run as administrator" when right clicking on anything...

The options is missing from the OS and I want to add it back.

submitted by /u/bantheodor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bantheodor, Apr 20, 2020

2. RIGHT CLICK OPTIONS "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" DOES NOT WORK

I tried start cmd as admin by using search bar -> cmd -> right click -> run as administrator.

after that i tried by start -> windows system -> command prompt right click -> run as administrator.

but above steps doesn't work for me

i tried to run by file explorer -> c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe right click -> run as administrator. and then it open as administrator.

but when i tried to start any another application as administrator same problem occurred. and it does not start from desktop icon.

AjayChandora, Apr 20, 2020
  3. 'Hidden Administrator' account asking for password.

We would like to clarify how did you enable the Hidden Administrator account. We suggest using the
    Local Security Policy to enable to hidden administrator in Windows 10. Kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type secpol.msc, and click on OK.
    • In the left pane, click on the Local Policies folder to expand it, and click on the
      Security Options folder.
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click on
      Accounts: Administrator account status.
    • Select Enabled, and click on OK.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Where is the option to enable the "Run as administrator" when right clicking on anything...

Enable Default Administrator on Windows

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to enable settings to gain full access of the PC.

You can achieve this by enabling the default administrator on your PC. However, we cannot link it with another user account. Default administrator has permissions to access all the settings and features without any UAC prompts.
    Please follow the steps to enable the default administrator on the PC.

1. Open Start Menu and type
      CMD.
    2. Now right click on it and click on
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to enable hidden administrator:
      net user administrator /active:yes
    4. Restart the PC and then try logging in to the
      Administrator account.

Note: The default administrator account is usually used to troubleshoot issues, it is recommended to create an administrator account instead of using the default administrator
    account.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Where is the option to enable the "Run as administrator" when right clicking on anything...

1. Where is the option to enable the "Run as administrator" when right clicking on anything... - Similar Threads - Where option enable

2. Why is the "Run as admin" option not appearing when I right click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the "Run as admin" option not appearing when I right click?: For context, i was hopping back and forth between the new and previous version of Windows 11 This all started because when Windows 11 updates in the middle of me using it, certain apps just become unresponsive like Clip Studio Paint, then suddenly a lot of my files get...
  3. Why is the "Run as admin" option not appearing when I right click?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the "Run as admin" option not appearing when I right click?: For context, i was hopping back and forth between the new and previous version of Windows 11 This all started because when Windows 11 updates in the middle of me using it, certain apps just become unresponsive like Clip Studio Paint, then suddenly a lot of my files get...
  4. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  5. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  6. Can’t right click and run as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can’t right click and run as administrator: Hi Even tried the built in administrator account, but when e.g.I right click on notepad and select run as administrator, nothing happens. Is there a solution to this ? Please thanks 179924
  7. Right Click Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Option: Is there a way i can customize my right click option like add or remove app option. i want to remove github option on my right click. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-option/c2573dd3-515e-495a-ba90-969c18c20da0
  8. when i right clicked, it only shows the enable and search online options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    when i right clicked, it only shows the enable and search online options: [ATTACH] what is this and how to remove it when i right clicked, it only shows the enable and search online options https://preview.redd.it/f0jagu06k3351.jpg?width=635&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1bd7e4f559ba9b3cbdce0ed78a7e9f3960e5a609 submitted by /u/Ritesh_Joshi...
  9. Still can't run anything as admin when right clicking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Still can't run anything as admin when right clicking: Only way I can run something as admin is creating a shortcut on desktop, going to Properties > Advanced > Run as administrator. Nothing else works. Things I have tried: sfc /scannow New user profile Tried disabling every possible service I really CBA to format, but if...
  10. where are the right click options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where are the right click options: This is what I get when I right click on a web page. Was wondering what happened to all the options? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-right-click-options/f88556e3-521e-4bef-8409-45bdbfb90063"