Windows 10: where is the quarantined defender files put?

Discus and support where is the quarantined defender files put? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i needed the drive free of some files , so was copying a folder I wanted, and Defender was objecting. So I added an exception, but maybe it did not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sdowney717, Dec 23, 2020.

1. where is the quarantined defender files put?

i needed the drive free of some files , so was copying a folder I wanted, and Defender was objecting.
    So I added an exception, but maybe it did not take cause the file is nowhere to be found.

It says e: which was the usb drive, so put in another usb drive, and selected to restore, but it is NOT restoring the missing file.
    It is the name that made defender react as it is an audio driver install patch program, and now is it gone?

where is the quarantined defender files put? [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

How To Recover Files Deleted By Windows Defender Antivirus?.

is it really that hard to restore??

:)

sdowney717, Dec 23, 2020

2. Where are the files that windows defender quarantines?

Where are the files that Windows Defender quarantines? I turned on the computer and Defender said a file was dangerous. I clicked the option to Allow the file but it was quarantined anyway. In Defender I can see that it was quarantined and I clicked Restore
    but the file was not restored. So I clicked Allow but it still was not restored and now there is no option for restoring the file. In other words Restore and Allow options do not function which is why I am asking this question. Hide hidden files is disabled
    and I am searching with administrator privileges: There is only one folder in C:\Program Files\Windows Defender. And that folder is named en-US and there is nothing in there like a quarantined file. Sorry for posting this other information but this question
    has been asked repeatedly elsewhere but doesn't get answered because too many people for some reason suggest things like use the Restore option etc. I am not asking for that. I need this file badly. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me where
    Windows Defender stores files that it quarantines? Thank you.

Fred whoever, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Windows Defender is missing Restore Button for Quarantined Threats

It wasn't listed under "Quarantined Threats", but was listed in "See full history" as quarantined. It has been about 2 hours
    and now it is listed under "Quarantined Threats" which now shows the Restore or Delete options. Something must be causing
    a delay in listing the quarantined file under "Quarantined Threats" after they have been found and quarantined by Defender.

Crawdaddy1999, Dec 23, 2020
  4. where is the quarantined defender files put?

How can I get my files restored from Windows Defender quarantine?

Hello my name is Yohandi.

It is a pleasure to have your participation in the Microsoft Community

To restore the items that are in the Windows quarantine, defend the steps shown below.

1- Open Windows Defender> Virus and threat protection

2- Go to Threat History tab.

3- In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.

4- Place to check on the file that you want to restore, this should enable Allow item.

5- Press Allow item, this should bring the file back to the original location.

To check where the files are located, kindly follow the steps listed below:

Open Windows Defender.

Go to History tab.

In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.

Click on view details.

In the description, it will show you the path where it is located.

I wish you an excellent day! where is the quarantined defender files put? ;)

I hope it works for you

YohandiCrespo, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

where is the quarantined defender files put?

1. where is the quarantined defender files put? - Similar Threads - where quarantined defender

2. Quarantined files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quarantined files: Hi all. I've got a NAS, I use the shares as network folders. I think, some files are quarantined by Windows Defender Windows 7 or 10. When I use Linux, I see these files and folders they are in, but I can't delete them. The error message of the file manager software Dolphin,...
  3. Quarantined files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quarantined files: Hi all. I've got a NAS, I use the shares as network folders. I think, some files are quarantined by Windows Defender Windows 7 or 10. When I use Linux, I see these files and folders they are in, but I can't delete them. The error message of the file manager software Dolphin,...
  4. Quarantined files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How recover file form Defender quarantine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How recover file form Defender quarantine: I use windows 20H2 and plugged in a usk drive with portable apps and windows defender deleted one of the files (a key reader & backup) to quarantine. I've used this stick many times and the file is clean, although I can understands as a key reader why Windows would block it...
  6. Where do i find quarantined items in windows defender

Where do i find quarantined items in windows defender: Where do i find quarantined items in windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/where-do-i-find-quarantined-items-in-windows/fb34e269-b978-402f-bdb1-21c10513dc4d
  7. No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

No Quarantine in Windows Defender?: I installed Windows 10 1903 and noticed in the Windows Defender settings that the Quarantine section has been removed. Where would I find the Quarantine within Windows Defender in 1903? 137937
  8. Trojan:Win32/Powessere.H found and puts it in quarantine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trojan:Win32/Powessere.H found and puts it in quarantine: every time I restart my machine I get a message from Windows Defender that upon start up it detects Trojan:Win32/Powessere.H and puts it in quarantine. Is there any way to remove this Trojan? *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. where is the quarantine

where is the quarantine: where is the quarantine folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/where-is-the-quarantine/e6017d29-e572-4396-bca8-8041d910a33e
  10. Where is Defender setting to Quarantine - in Win 1703

Where is Defender setting to Quarantine - in Win 1703: In Windows 1607 Windows Defender had a way to set how to handle detections and I could set two bottom lines to Quarantine rather than Recommended setting, which probably meant delete. In Windows 1703 - I cannot find where such setting is made. I think I looked through every...