Windows 10: Where is the random hardware access? its different than my old windows 10

Discus and support Where is the random hardware access? its different than my old windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I follow the step on the windows help. I get in, and this is what I found Theres no choice for random address? I mean my old computer's windows 10 do,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Forgoter, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Forgoter Win User

Where is the random hardware access? its different than my old windows 10

I follow the step on the windows help. I get in, and this is what I found

Theres no choice for random address? I mean my old computer's windows 10 do, exactly whats on windows help. But this computer i purchased yesterday dont have one? uh i searched it and this is what cortana opens up, cant really find anything here. Please help. thank you

Where is the random hardware access? its different than my old windows 10 4f512e69-3168-4421-a8a2-26a0b82ff5a5?upload=true.png

:)

Forgoter, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Where is the random hardware access? its different than my old windows 10

Unable to access the external hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Alan,

As you are facing issues with accessing the external hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your devices?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the drive?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to detect the device under Device Manager/ File Explorer?

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 3: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Where is the random hardware access? its different than my old windows 10

1. Where is the random hardware access? its different than my old windows 10 - Similar Threads - Where random hardware

2. How can I delete old Windows isntallations that are on different drives than my current...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete old Windows isntallations that are on different drives than my current...: I just got a new CPU and motherboard, so I reinstalled Windows from 10 to 11, and to a new drive and decided to do some cleanup on my drives. I have 3 SSDs in the system, 2x240GB and 1x~1TB. Windows 11 is installed on the 1TB drive but it was previously on one of my 240GB...
  3. How can I delete old Windows isntallations that are on different drives than my current...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I delete old Windows isntallations that are on different drives than my current...: I just got a new CPU and motherboard, so I reinstalled Windows from 10 to 11, and to a new drive and decided to do some cleanup on my drives. I have 3 SSDs in the system, 2x240GB and 1x~1TB. Windows 11 is installed on the 1TB drive but it was previously on one of my 240GB...
  4. Window 11 licensing on different PC than the old Windows 10 PC

Window 11 licensing on different PC than the old Windows 10 PC: I currently have a DIY system running Windows 10 Pro. The hardware is not Windows 11 eligible and truth be told it is so old that it is painfully slow and beginning to fail. I am building a new DIY system that I want to install Windows 11 Pro onto. How will I be able to get...
  5. Window 11 licensing on different PC than the old Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 licensing on different PC than the old Windows 10 PC: I currently have a DIY system running Windows 10 Pro. The hardware is not Windows 11 eligible and truth be told it is so old that it is painfully slow and beginning to fail. I am building a new DIY system that I want to install Windows 11 Pro onto. How will I be able to get...
  6. Big Performance issue of Windows 10 on my old hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Big Performance issue of Windows 10 on my old hardware: Hello Microsoft,I am a very old windows user and currently i am using all windows 7 , 10 and 11 kn different machines.I want to upgrade The pc 10-12 years old with Windows 7 which i installed 6 months earlier instead of windows 10.I had first upgraded my pc from windows 7 to...
  7. Big Performance issue of Windows 10 on my old hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big Performance issue of Windows 10 on my old hardware: Hello Microsoft,I am a very old windows user and currently i am using all windows 7 , 10 and 11 kn different machines.I want to upgrade The pc 10-12 years old with Windows 7 which i installed 6 months earlier instead of windows 10.I had first upgraded my pc from windows 7 to...
  8. Big Performance issue of Windows 10 on my old hardware

9. Windows 10 product key different than the one in my hand

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 product key different than the one in my hand: I am getting ready to change my motherboard and CPU. I have a physical Windows 10 USB that I used to re-install Windows 10 about a 2 years ago. I just looked at the product key Windows 10 is telling me I have an it's my old OEM key that came with the computer years ago.When I...
  10. Windows 10: How to access a file share as a different user than the local user?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: How to access a file share as a different user than the local user?: I have a Windows 7 PC. Let's name it server. A share on server can be accessed as user A. I also have a Windows 10 PC, named client. I am logged on to clientas user B and want to access user A's share on server. On Windows 7 and earlier clients, I can provide user A's...