Windows 10: Where is the registry location for saving windows audio slider adjustments stored?

Discus and support Where is the registry location for saving windows audio slider adjustments stored? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to find the registry location for windows 10 audio slider because windows 10 keeps resetting the audio slider for certian applications and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Geeknificent, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Where is the registry location for saving windows audio slider adjustments stored?

I am trying to find the registry location for windows 10 audio slider because windows 10 keeps resetting the audio slider for certian applications and blasting my ears.

So i want to go into registry and change permissions on them and permanently lock the values to a specific level.

submitted by /u/Geeknificent
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Geeknificent, Feb 7, 2021
  2. rlee123 Win User

Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display.

I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager - Monitors - Properties - Uninstall Device, but I've also read that doing so will merely result in the same driver being reinstalled.

What should I do to get the "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider back in Power Options?

Thanks so much for your help.

rlee123, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Default Save Locations

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

By default we cannot change the installation location for Apps, however it can be changed through registry changes.

I would suggest you to make the changes if you are comfortable working with registry because if we make any small mistakes, we can make the computer unbootable.

You need to be logged in as the administrator to perform this actions:

• Press Windows keys +R, type regedit and hit Enter.
    • Go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx
    On the right-side, double-click on PackageRoot and change the default value data to the location of your other drive/external drive. For instance, if drive letter is “G”, then enter G:\ in the value data box, and then click Ok button
    to set your drive as default location for apps.

We suggest you create a new folder under the root of your drive and enter the path of that folder so that you can use the drive to store other files as well. That is, create a folder named
    WinApps on the drive, enter G:\WinApps (replace “G” with drive’s letter) as the location in value data box.

From now on, whenever you install a new app from the Store, Windows 10 will install them on the other drive.

NOTE: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number
    to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows ) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 7, 2021
  4. hvaleton Win User

Where is the registry location for saving windows audio slider adjustments stored?

MS Paint "Save as" location is NOT the file source location

Hi,

In Windows 8.1 (and as far as I can remember in all previous Windows versions) I used to be able to do the following:
    • In Windows Explorer: Open a .jpg file from anywhere in my file system, by right mouse clicking and choosing "edit"
    • After editing: "Save as" (press F12) and save the edited file IN ITS ORIGINAL LOCATION but under a different name.
    Now, in Windows 10, the situation is different:
    • In Windows Explorer I open a .jpg file from anywhere in my file system by right mouse clicking and choosing "edit"
    • After editing: "Save as" (F12) opens a dialogue box that suggests I save the file, NOT in its original location, but in a location that is either the default "pictures" directory or the directory that was previously used as a "save as" location in Paint (these locations are stored in the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint\Recent File List")

Now I'd like very much to get the old, Windows 8 type situation back because this does not work for me! It's very inconvenient to have to scroll and click my way through the "save as" dialogue box until I finally find the directory where the edited file was stored in the first place! Why o why does Windows not remember this location?
    I've searched through the internet but it seems nobody else has this problem. I've searched the registry for the word "paint" but was not able to find a setting that would suggest to have some influence on the default saving location of Paint.

Can someone please, please help me? It's driving me nuts! And it's sooo frustrating knowing that it used to work like a charm in WIN8.1 and before.

To clarify the difficulty I experience I perhaps should add that the jpg files I most frequently edit are located on shares on my NAS in paths such as:
    M:\1_KLAS\Bach\Kerk\Jos van Veldhoven\Matthäus Passion, BWV 244 (24-88 2010)\scans\001.jpg
    As you can see, that's buried quite deeply into the file system! And so it costs all the more time and effort to find my way back from the previously edited jpg, say:
    M:\1_KLAS\Bruckner\Orkest\Chailly\Symfonie Nr.6 & Wolf - 4 Goethe Lieder (Goerne, KCO)\scans\001.jpg

P.S. I read somewhere that the "save as" dialogue boxes for Paint and Notepad should be basically the same. But... when I use Notepad to edit some txt file and afterwards use the "save as" option, it does direct me to the original location of the edited file, just as it used to do in Windows 8.1! That tells me that it should still be possible to get the old "save as" behaviour back for Paint. (Or am I being too optimistic here?)
    P.P.S. F12 does not work anymore in Notepad. You have to go through the menu "File" -> "Save as..." That's also a pain in the ass

Which registry key will do the trick for me?

hvaleton, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Where is the registry location for saving windows audio slider adjustments stored?

1. Where is the registry location for saving windows audio slider adjustments stored? - Similar Threads - Where registry location

2. Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.: when using the Default Media Player the volume slider does nothing to actually change the volume. The regular master volume slider Still works but all other sliders, including the app sliders in the volume mixer do not work or do anything to change the volume....
  3. Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.: when using the Default Media Player the volume slider does nothing to actually change the volume. The regular master volume slider Still works but all other sliders, including the app sliders in the volume mixer do not work or do anything to change the volume....
  4. No brightness adjust slider on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No brightness adjust slider on laptop: So it's a weird one. Ideally I'd like to fix this. Things to know: The laptop had a screen replacement. It's a Lenovo ThinkPad T450 Windows 10 Version 2004 Bought off eBay I bought it as a laptop for university and discovered that the brightness was stuck at 100%. When i...
  5. No brightness adjustment slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    No brightness adjustment slider: I recently bought a new computer with a fresh update of Windows 10, and everything was working well until I went to adjust my brightness. I am running a 3GB Geforce 1060 and all my drivers are up to date. I've tried pretty much every fix I've come across, but so far nothing...
  6. Registry location for storing data

Registry location for storing data: I'm creating a new release (version 5) of an application whose registry contents won't be compatible with earlier releases, so I changed my code to write everything under: HKCU\Software\DeepSkyStacker\DeepSkyStacker5 and that is working just fine. However there's a custom...
  7. Where is the one note save location??

Where is the one note save location??: All I can see is [ATTACH] No file button as indicated in most tutorials. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-one-note-save-location/2477393c-e37e-4a61-897a-3a7cbaa32422
  8. Where's The Registry Location For The Notepad Window Size?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where's The Registry Location For The Notepad Window Size?: The window size (horizontally & vertically) for Notepad is stored somewhere in the Registry. Does anyone know where the location of it is? 74884
  9. No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?: Intel Compute Stick. Windows 10 Home. 1709 Build 16299.248. The usual brightness slider is nowhere to be found. Not in Power Options nor Settings > System > Display. It is too bright. Hurting my eyes. 104505
  10. Where's The Registry Location For File Explorer's Size?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where's The Registry Location For File Explorer's Size?: Hello, when you open any File Explorer window (such as going to C:\ ), File Explorer has a specific saved window size that it opens with. So when you resize it, either horizontally and/or vertically, close it and re-open it again, it saves the size of the window. I would like...