Windows 10: Where is the remaining space

Discus and support Where is the remaining space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So where is the remaining ~400gb. Can I get it back? if yes then how?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by heyyimrs, Jul 24, 2019.

1. heyyimrs Win User

Where is the remaining space

Where is the remaining space 10213122-aeca-405c-98b3-8f9b41702480?upload=true.png

So where is the remaining ~400gb.

Can I get it back?

if yes then how?

:)

heyyimrs, Jul 24, 2019

2. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 24, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

Was commenting on the pic in post #21. Not suggesting anything. It just looked like the step you were doing was incomplete.

f14tomcat, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Where is the remaining space

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Where is the remaining space

1. Where is the remaining space - Similar Threads - Where remaining space

2. Where has my space gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where has my space gone?: For a while now I've been getting warnings that my C: Windows 10 folder is running out of space. It hasn't caused any noticeable performance issues and I usually do some clearing up when I get the message.Over the weekend I moved an additional 5GB to the Windows 10 partition...
  3. Empty Spaces Where there should be icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty Spaces Where there should be icons.: The issues is that depending on the sorting of my icons on my desktop there are couple of empty spaces where icons should be placed. The only sorting method not affected is "sort by item type". I have "align to grid" turned on as I want them to be organized in such a fashion...
  4. Where is my disk space going

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my disk space going: So I have windows 10 and my computer says 175 GB of 232 GB free. That means 52 GB of disk space has been used. But, when I go into the disk, select everything and press properties and wait for it to completely load, it only says 42 GB. This lead me to wonder where the other...
  5. System mysteriously takes up remaining disk space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System mysteriously takes up remaining disk space.: Hello, reader! I am having an issue with my Windows 10 computer. Lately, it's been filling up for no reason, and when i delete anything, it goes right back to 0B free. I checked Settings->System->Storage, and almost 100GB are taken up by the system files. This is my school...
  6. Where has the space gone?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where has the space gone?: Hi. I have a standard Dell Inspiron 3780 with 128gb SSD. I had been keeping the SSD around 50% used, which suited me fine. I checked the properties on the C: drive, and to my surprise it was at 83gb, way up from the 50gb it had been running. Alarmed, I fired up WinDirStat. It...
  7. Where has the space gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where has the space gone?: Hi. I have a standard Dell Inspiron 3780 with 128gb SSD. I had been keeping the SSD around 50% used, which suited me fine. I checked the properties on the C: drive, and to my surprise it was at 83gb, way up from the 50gb it had been running. Alarmed, I fired up WinDirStat. It...
  8. total 146GB , remaining 137GB ,but where is the rest?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    total 146GB , remaining 137GB ,but where is the rest?: Used space 8.21 GB. However, no file is found, it's a partition, I don't know how to show up all the hidden files, how? 134938
  9. Where Is The Missing Drive Space?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where Is The Missing Drive Space?: A friend up the bush has a laptop I'm looking at with Team Viewer. It needs OS updates and MS reports there's not enough room. Seems it only has one drive and that's a Samsung BGND3R which seems to have only a 30G capacity. But I can't find the 30G. I find these:...
  10. Free space remains unchanged after 5 GB move

in Windows 10 Support
    Free space remains unchanged after 5 GB move: I copied 5 GB of files from C:\Users\terry\OneDrive\Documents\MAGIX downloads, (SSD) to D (HD), then deleted the originals. But free space on C is still reported as unchanged. That's in various places, including running diskmgmt.msc. I'll probably move it back to test it...