Windows 10: Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

Discus and support Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sammy666#, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Sammy666# Win User

Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far as I can see.What may I do to find out what malware was detected at the end of a scan?Thank you,Lewis

:)

Sammy666#, Apr 24, 2024

2. MSERT scan results confusing

While running the MSERT software, which took a little over an hour to complete a full scan, it indicated that 2 files were "infected." However, when the scan completed, it stated that the scan was completed successfully, and that no viruses, spyware, or other unwanted software was detected. It did not provide a report showing any harmful files or software, so I am not sure what to believe. Why would the scan show 2 files infected during the scanning process, but then indicated nothing was found at the end of the scan? Any help would be appreciated; thanks.

david belcher, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Wyndha Win User
    MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware

So recently i was copying a file from my laptop to a usb flash drive, unfortunately there are virus in it, i've 'cleaned' it with smadav but im not really sure if it works, a few days later i notice my laptop has been slowed a bit when booting, and i also got a notification from virus and threat protection that there are some threat, when i check on it there is a bunch of viruses that has been blocked and quarantined but there are also some 'remeditation incomplete', so i decided to install MSERT and do a full scan, it says that there are 23 files infected but at the end is says there are no viruses. I was confused so i decided to look up into it and found a post from here, i followed the instuction by installing and do a full scan with rootkit using malwarebytes, no results of any virus. Then i also do a full scan with Adwcleaner, still no viruses found.

Now im doing a full scan again with MSERT and there is still 23 infected files, it says that the virus/malware/and unwanted probgram has been removed. the malware was VirTool:Win32/DefenderTampering

and has been partially removed. What should i do now? does this affects my other file? Im so confused, please help me.

Wyndha, Apr 24, 2024
  4. quietman7 Win User

MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware

If the Microsoft Safety Scanner shows clean (no detections found) when finished, then it's most likely that MSERT suspected a possible threat during the scan, displayed it as such (infected files) but determined the file(s) were not an actual confirmed threat(s) upon completion.

Keep in mind that Microsoft Safety Scanner (MSERT) is intended to be a supplement to an existing anti-virus program (not a replacement).

quietman7, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

1. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found? - Similar Threads - Where report MSERT

2. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...
  3. Scan on line with MSERT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan on line with MSERT: Since my pc have some flashes on screen i try to scan with MSERT AND found 5 ites infect ,,AT THE END results WAS :::::The scan completed saccessfully and no virus ,spyware ,and other potentially un wanted software THE 5 items infect where co ATTACHED screen print THANKING...
  4. Scan on line with MSERT

Scan on line with MSERT: Since my pc have some flashes on screen i try to scan with MSERT AND found 5 ites infect ,,AT THE END results WAS :::::The scan completed saccessfully and no virus ,spyware ,and other potentially un wanted software THE 5 items infect where co ATTACHED screen print THANKING...
  5. MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware: So recently i was copying a file from my laptop to a usb flash drive, unfortunately there are virus in it, i've 'cleaned' it with smadav but im not really sure if it works, a few days later i notice my laptop has been slowed a bit when booting, and i also got a notification...
  6. MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware

MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware: So recently i was copying a file from my laptop to a usb flash drive, unfortunately there are virus in it, i've 'cleaned' it with smadav but im not really sure if it works, a few days later i notice my laptop has been slowed a bit when booting, and i also got a notification...
  7. MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none: I just ran MSERT, my go to "double check" for viruses my machine is well protected.While running last night it showed 85 viruses etc had been found. But when it finished this morning it reported that the scan had completed successfully, and no viruses etc had been...
  8. MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none: I just ran MSERT, my go to "double check" for viruses my machine is well protected.While running last night it showed 85 viruses etc had been found. But when it finished this morning it reported that the scan had completed successfully, and no viruses etc had been...
  9. MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none

10. MSERT scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSERT scan: During an msert scan it displays a number of infections found, but at the end of scan it displays none were detected. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msert-scan/7f6d444a-cb30-411d-9834-e95b3802aeab