Windows 10: Where is the save data for my GamePass game?

Discus and support Where is the save data for my GamePass game? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently bought Yakuza Kiwami on Steam from the winter sale after playing a chunk of the game from GamePass, however I wanted to transfer my save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by That One Dude Who Asks, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Where is the save data for my GamePass game?

I recently bought Yakuza Kiwami on Steam from the winter sale after playing a chunk of the game from GamePass, however I wanted to transfer my save from my GamePass version to my Steam copy.

Where would I find the save data for that game? And what would it be named, even? Can the save data even be transferred?

:)

That One Dude Who Asks, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Laibalion Win User

I refreshed my OS and now can't seem to reuse my previously installed XBox GamePass games on my gamedrive.

I did an refresh of my OS (Windows 10 2004 x64) and on my game drive (ZWhere is the save data for my GamePass game? :) I had ~550GB worth of XBox GamePass games installed.

And here a few issues are popping up:

1. There doesn't seem to be a way for the XBox Game App or Windows to recognize that these apps were installed there before
    2. I cannot reinstall games on that drive now. Try to do so, it shows a message 'This drive isn't configured for installing games.'. When setting up this drive via Settings->Storage->'Change where new content is saved' i see the following behavior:
      1. change one of the categories to the Z drive, it seems to do something
      2. go back and open the 'Change where new content is saved' setting again, the change was not applied.
      3. So this doesn't work
    3. When trying to move an app that was installed on the C drive to the Z drive i get prompted with the message that it finds apps from a previous 'device' on it and needs to wipe those apps. THis is a problem because:
      1. I don't have the capacity to re-download 550GB of data
      2. I don't remember what I had installed even
    How can this be designed this way? Every time I need to reinstall the OS, I have to redownload and reinstall all 550GB worth XBox GamePass games al over again??

Is there some way for me to recover the previously downloaded files so that I don't have to download the everything again?

Laibalion, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Voxeldust Win User
    I have Gamepass PC and ever since I downloaded a game I've been getting errors when trying to download Gamepass Games. Help!

The other day I downloaded Forza Horizon 4 on PC with Gamepass, ever since then I've been getting the error code "0x80070424" whenever I try to install a Gamepass game from the store. I can download non-gamepass games but for some reason it just doesn't
    want to work with gamepass. What's going on here?

Voxeldust, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Where is the save data for my GamePass game?

Gamepass games on PC not working

I have a valid gamepass ultimate subscription and recently tried to play gamepass games on PC. I downloaded the app and installed Crosscode and The Messenger. When I try to launch the games through the Xbox PC app, the app minimizes and nothing happens.
    When I try to launch the games through the start menu, it just directs me to the Windows Store to download the Xbox App, which shows that I've already downloaded it. Games I have previously downloaded from before the Xbox App came out, such as Forza Horizon
    4, seem to work ok. What can I do to get the newer games working?

Darth Navster, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Where is the save data for my GamePass game?

1. Where is the save data for my GamePass game? - Similar Threads - Where save data

2. Gamepass save transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepass save transfer: So I got gamepass bout a year ago and I love the game variety but it's not worth it for me anymore because now I only play a few of those games and it is cheaper for me just to buy them. Is there a way to transfer my saves progress from the games that I played on game pass...
  3. Gamepass save transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamepass save transfer: So I got gamepass bout a year ago and I love the game variety but it's not worth it for me anymore because now I only play a few of those games and it is cheaper for me just to buy them. Is there a way to transfer my saves progress from the games that I played on game pass...
  4. Game Save Cloud error? Game Save Data Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Save Cloud error? Game Save Data Gone: Hello and thank you for your time. I bought the game Deep Rock Galactic on the Windows Store 2 years ago and have been enjoying it ever since. The game has frequent updates, however, I often found it difficult to update the game through the windows store. Eventually I found...
  5. Game Save Cloud error? Game Save Data Gone

Game Save Cloud error? Game Save Data Gone: Hello and thank you for your time. I bought the game Deep Rock Galactic on the Windows Store 2 years ago and have been enjoying it ever since. The game has frequent updates, however, I often found it difficult to update the game through the windows store. Eventually I found...
  6. MY GAMES WONT SAVE ANY DATA!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MY GAMES WONT SAVE ANY DATA!!!!!!!!: i have been having this problem for a quite while an it is annoying now my games won't save any data of what i played after i restart the game or close it and open it like i can play for 10 or 12 hours when i click save then close the game and reopen it it starts from the...
  7. MY GAMES WONT SAVE ANY DATA!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY GAMES WONT SAVE ANY DATA!!!!!!!!: i have been having this problem for a quite while an it is annoying now my games won't save any data of what i played after i restart the game or close it and open it like i can play for 10 or 12 hours when i click save then close the game and reopen it it starts from the...
  8. MY GAMES WONT SAVE ANY DATA!!!!!!!!

9. Game data not saved

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game data not saved: Hey, so I recently built a new pc and wiped all my drives so I could start from scratch because I basically only have games on my computer that just have saved data when I redownloaded them. This is not the case for Forza 4. I have Forza 4 from the windows store ad I have...
  10. Can't change where my new apps are saved too. Can't install xbox gamepass games on external...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change where my new apps are saved too. Can't install xbox gamepass games on external...: Hey, I have been trying to change where my new apps install too but I keep getting the error message. 0x80070005. This error is stopping me from installing games through xbox game pass as according to the xbox app, that drive isn't set up for installing games, despite other...