Windows 10: Where is the setting to start programs on the same screen as the taskbar?

Discus and support Where is the setting to start programs on the same screen as the taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have multiple monitors and have configured my taskbar to appear on all monitors. When I start a new program from the taskbar on a secondary monitor,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by QuentinVandermerwe, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Where is the setting to start programs on the same screen as the taskbar?

I have multiple monitors and have configured my taskbar to appear on all monitors. When I start a new program from the taskbar on a secondary monitor, the initial window appears on the primary monitor, and I have to drag the program over to the correct monitor.

I was not able to find the setting for letting programs start on the same monitor as the taskbar where they are started from. Where can I find that setting?

:)

QuentinVandermerwe, Jun 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 12, 2019
  3. program to hide the taskbar

Hello,

I Do not recommend you to use third party programs for that kind of things as it might cause system to dysfunction.

I suggest you follow these steps

Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. (If you're in tablet mode, hold a finger on the taskbar.)

Click taskbar settings.

Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. (You can also do the same for tablet mode.)

Patricia.Guenot, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Where is the setting to start programs on the same screen as the taskbar?

Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsWhere is the setting to start programs on the same screen as the taskbar? :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Where is the setting to start programs on the same screen as the taskbar?

1. Where is the setting to start programs on the same screen as the taskbar? - Similar Threads - Where setting start

2. Programs have the same icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs have the same icon in the taskbar: Some of my programs have the same icon in the hotbar. This started today from out of no where. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-have-the-same-icon-in-the-taskbar/6b84fa23-d9f0-410a-9458-870f708c226b
  3. Programs have the same icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs have the same icon in the taskbar: Some of my programs have the same icon in the hotbar. This started today from out of no where. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-have-the-same-icon-in-the-taskbar/6b84fa23-d9f0-410a-9458-870f708c226b
  4. Programs have the same icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. programs have the same taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs have the same taskbar icons: Some taskbar program icons are not showing; how can I fix this issue?.these are different programs from different publishers e.g., Firefox, Adobe Cloud, GeForce Nvidia, etc....
  6. programs have the same taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs have the same taskbar icons: Some taskbar program icons are not showing; how can I fix this issue?.these are different programs from different publishers e.g., Firefox, Adobe Cloud, GeForce Nvidia, etc....
  7. Is it posible to rearrange windows of the same program on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it posible to rearrange windows of the same program on the taskbar?: For example, I open Folder A with file explorer. Then I open Folder B. Now I have two file explorer windows, the one I opened first, Folder A, is on the left, the second, Folder B, on the right. Is it possible to move them so Folder B is on the left? I've seen third party...
  8. where is start up programs windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where is start up programs windows10: where is start up programs windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-start-up-programs-windows10/6f873403-140f-431d-b942-4ba9687a3c51
  9. Is there a way to reorder windows of the same program on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to reorder windows of the same program on the taskbar?: For example, I have four different windows for chrome. Is there a way to reorder them on the taskbar or am I stuck? I know about Taskbar Tweaker, but is there a built-in option? submitted by /u/ballsackcancer [link] [comments]...
  10. Where is Sign-in Screen setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is Sign-in Screen setting?: I Simply want to know how to have a different Lock-Screen picture than my Sign-in Screen. Easy Peasy But I must be Thick. Take care All, MardyGrub....