Windows 10: Where is the tag database located?

Discus and support Where is the tag database located? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I usually tag (and re-tag) my photos to try and get them in some semblance of order. Tagging in the File Explorer Details Panel is real easy.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Silverfish2910, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Where is the tag database located?

Hello!

I usually tag (and re-tag) my photos to try and get them in some semblance of order.

Tagging in the File Explorer Details Panel is real easy. I type and autocomplete suggests something I've used before. Simple, right?

But what if I don't use that tag anymore? I don't want to have suggestions of obsolete tags.

Where is the tag database located? [​IMG]

How do I access and edit wherever Windows 10 keeps these? Some of these I just want to edit, some of these, I want gone.

Thanks.

Where is the tag database located? [​IMG]

:)

Silverfish2910, Aug 13, 2020

2. W10 File Tags Database or Library

Hi Keith,

What youre explaining works fine if youre wanting to retag incorrectly tagged files BUT thats not what Im trying to do - I wasn access to the database of library or whatever its called to go scrub out the misspelled words embedded in teh database so they
    dont come up again as you start to type the tag ie: Sky......so that the misspelled "Skyline Terace" does not appear again. Like in the two images attached ???

Do you know where the tag database is located ?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Cheers.

Where is the tag database located? ed4bc4bc-b07a-49b0-a082-828a6f928796?upload=true.jpg

Where is the tag database located? f98b1ab3-e6d2-4deb-988b-24ae3f786ad3?upload=true.jpg

Owen H Howell, Aug 13, 2020
  3. W10 File Tags Database or Library

I guessed that's why you were asking but wanted to verify.

The suggested tags are nowhere in the registry or in any database that anyone has ever discovered. It seems to be compiled "on-the-fly" from existing tags.

If you are seeing a suggested entry that is mis-spelled, then somewhere there is a file with that mis-spelled tag. You can use tag:=<bad tag> in the Search bar (barring 1909 issues).

If you want to pre-define entries so they're easily available, I would create a file and give it the entire collection of tags I want to define.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Where is the tag database located?

Location of tags used

I know how to tag files. Where can I find the list of tags I've used? I know I can create tags "on the fly" which is the problem. Now I have some mistakes and after clean up, need to remove the 'mistakes' from the list. They aren't assigned to any files,
    and as long as they are being auto-suggested I risk using them.

Thank you

ChristineSwan, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Where is the tag database located?

1. Where is the tag database located? - Similar Threads - Where tag database

2. Battery usage history - database location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery usage history - database location: Hey,Recently I spent some time playing with powercfg.exe, and I am very interested in option ""/BATTERYREPORT", which generates a report of battery usage, including a history for last few days. My question is: where does that information come from? I would like to find that...
  3. Battery usage history - database location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery usage history - database location: Hey,Recently I spent some time playing with powercfg.exe, and I am very interested in option ""/BATTERYREPORT", which generates a report of battery usage, including a history for last few days. My question is: where does that information come from? I would like to find that...
  4. Battery usage history - database location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Command to check AD database ntds.dit location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command to check AD database ntds.dit location: Looking for commands cmd or powershell other then the attached command in image. Can somebody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-to-check-ad-database-ntdsdit-location/95016cd4-0902-4886-bf84-a8b608fa02ad
  6. Command to check AD database ntds.dit location

Command to check AD database ntds.dit location: Looking for commands cmd or powershell other then the attached command in image. Can somebody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-to-check-ad-database-ntdsdit-location/95016cd4-0902-4886-bf84-a8b608fa02ad
  7. Sticky Notes - privacy and location of the notes database

Sticky Notes - privacy and location of the notes database: Anyone having access to your PC also have access to all the Sticky Notes, regretfully so. Whereas most applications allow users to change the storage folder paths, e.g. folders within an encrypted drive such as VHDX, I believe this is not possible with Sticky Notes. For...
  8. Where are the photos tags?

Where are the photos tags?: Ok, did Microsoft screw me? AGAIN! I used to really like the automatic tagging of photos. I don't remember if it was on OneDrive but I think it was or in the Photos desktop app or both, but I don't see it anywhere any more. I used to use that to quickly find some stuff...
  9. W10 File Tags Database or Library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 File Tags Database or Library: Hi, How do I edit my W10 file tags database ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-file-tags-database-or-library/17e2517d-4151-4a70-b385-647db21c8a63"
  10. How to Delete Tags (used with photos or videos) from the tag database in Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Delete Tags (used with photos or videos) from the tag database in Windows: In Windows you can add tags (in Dutch 'labels') to your photos or videos. You can also remove them again, but they are (once created) also stored somewhere centrally. Also when you accidentely created wrong tags or want to change them later on, you can do that on the...