Windows 10: Where is the Windows 10 compatibility checker?

Discus and support Where is the Windows 10 compatibility checker? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Now that Windows 7 support is ending, I'm going to have to move to Windows 10. But the compatibility checker seems to have disappeared from the MS site... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ptoye, Oct 14, 2019.

1. ptoye Win User

Where is the Windows 10 compatibility checker?

Now that Windows 7 support is ending, I'm going to have to move to Windows 10. But the compatibility checker seems to have disappeared from the MS site - anyone here know where it's gone to?

:)

ptoye, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Compatibility problems

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check with the compatibility of the program on Windows 10.

Windows Compatibility Center

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Where is the Windows 10 compatibility checker?

Windows 10 Compatibility Checker doesn't identify new video card

I have an e-Machines desktop that was using the on board NVIDIA GeForce 6150senForce 430 graphics card and the Windows 10 compatibility checker identified it as not compatible. I disabled the on board graphics, and installed a GeForce GT 610 PCI card,
    but the compatibility checker won't re-run and identify the new card. The new card appears to be running perfectly. Currently running Windows 7, 64 bit...any suggestions?

DAVISME1960, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Where is the Windows 10 compatibility checker?

1. Where is the Windows 10 compatibility checker? - Similar Threads - Where compatibility checker

2. Windows 11 compatibility checker says my cpu is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 compatibility checker says my cpu is not supported: the checker says my cpu is not supported but when I checked he list of supported cpu's it is actually included and supported?my cpu is IntelR CoreTM i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz...
  3. Windows 11 compatibility checker says my cpu is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 compatibility checker says my cpu is not supported: the checker says my cpu is not supported but when I checked he list of supported cpu's it is actually included and supported?my cpu is IntelR CoreTM i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz...
  4. Unable to run Windows 11 compatibility checker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to run Windows 11 compatibility checker: Windows update says my PC is not compatible for Windows 11I downloaded the PC Health Check to see what the reason for the incompatibility is, but install of the tool fails with:My current Windows build is showing:Edition Windows 10 HomeVersion 21H1Installed on ‎7/‎27/‎2020OS...
  5. Unable to run Windows 11 compatibility checker

Unable to run Windows 11 compatibility checker: Windows update says my PC is not compatible for Windows 11I downloaded the PC Health Check to see what the reason for the incompatibility is, but install of the tool fails with:My current Windows build is showing:Edition Windows 10 HomeVersion 21H1Installed on ‎7/‎27/‎2020OS...
  6. Unable to run Windows 11 compatibility checker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. intel i7-6500 @2.50GHz is not compatible in PC checker??

intel i7-6500 @2.50GHz is not compatible in PC checker??: Anyone know why my processor is not compatible, or if it is, how to get Windows to acknowledge that? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-i7-6500-250ghz-is-not-compatible-in-pc/7db94318-fce0-4db1-b380-29bfbd6b486a
  8. Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's: Having run the Windows 11 Checker App, is says my CPU is not compatible Intel Core i7-6700HQ @2.6GHz, however the CPU is listed in the compatible CPU list as far as I can see.Any idea why this might be the case? Is it due to the GHz or is this an error and should I try to...
  9. Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's

Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's: Having run the Windows 11 Checker App, is says my CPU is not compatible Intel Core i7-6700HQ @2.6GHz, however the CPU is listed in the compatible CPU list as far as I can see.Any idea why this might be the case? Is it due to the GHz or is this an error and should I try to...
  10. Where is the spell checker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where is the spell checker: Is there a spell checker in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-spell-checker/43b07544-f1e5-4456-a22f-b9c361adaed0