Windows 10: where is the windows defender start file?

Discus and support where is the windows defender start file? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to start windows defender with a batch file. Where is the start or .exe type file?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JLoos, May 25, 2021.

1. JLoos Win User

where is the windows defender start file?

I want to start windows defender with a batch file. Where is the start or .exe type file?

:)

JLoos, May 25, 2021

2. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, May 25, 2021
  3. Windows Defender isn't initializing.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 25, 2021
  4. where is the windows defender start file?

Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 25, 2021
Thema:

where is the windows defender start file?

1. where is the windows defender start file? - Similar Threads - where defender start

2. Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files: So i saw google found a virus in a file i was trying to download but windows deleted it before finishing but even before that my windows defender gets stuck at 0 files scanned i am worried that a virus blocked it... what is says:Full scan runningEstimated time remaining...
  3. Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files: So i saw google found a virus in a file i was trying to download but windows deleted it before finishing but even before that my windows defender gets stuck at 0 files scanned i am worried that a virus blocked it... what is says:Full scan runningEstimated time remaining...
  4. Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Defender, where?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender, where?: Hello Sir/Madam: My w10 often tells me that this w10 has "VIRUS" and "MELWARE" I remember w10 has its own anti-virus software. Where is the software? How to bring it to the screen to kill virus? -- Zhao...
  6. Defender, where?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender, where?: Hello Sir/Madam: My w10 often tells me that this w10 has "VIRUS" and "MELWARE" I remember w10 has its own anti-virus software. Where is the software? How to bring it to the screen to kill virus? -- Zhao...
  7. Defender, where?

8. where is the quarantined defender files put?

where is the quarantined defender files put?: i needed the drive free of some files , so was copying a folder I wanted, and Defender was objecting. So I added an exception, but maybe it did not take cause the file is nowhere to be found. It says e: which was the usb drive, so put in another usb drive, and selected to...
  9. Where does Windows Defender quaranteen files to?

Where does Windows Defender quaranteen files to?: Some time ago Windows Defender popped up a message that it needs to reboot my computer because it suspected that I had a virus in one of the files. This was in a VMware vm. I ignored it for a while. Now when I rebooted computer my VM doesn't boot. It gives me a message that...
  10. Where are the files that Windows Defender deleted?

Where are the files that Windows Defender deleted?: My windows defender keeps removing my files. I go to scan history and NOTHING is there. I cannot restore these files. Where are they? Thanks...