Windows 10: Where is the Windows Store log file

Discus and support Where is the Windows Store log file in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would like to check the log file for Windows Store, where is this located?Please don't post instructions on how to reset Windows Store or run various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AltitudeDashboard, May 19, 2024.

1. Where is the Windows Store log file

I would like to check the log file for Windows Store, where is this located?Please don't post instructions on how to reset Windows Store or run various commands or reboot. I tried a few methods already. Of course I can also go as far as to reinstall Windows. That's not the question. The question is where can I see the log file?Thank You!

:)

AltitudeDashboard, May 19, 2024
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, May 19, 2024
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, May 19, 2024
  4. Nick Dich Win User

Where is the Windows Store log file

Windows xp store not allowing log in

Since the Windows Store Reset app didn't resolve the issue, we need to move to the next step. Let us try to reset the Windows Store by reinstalling the app itself using Windows Powershell. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided below:

Uninstall the Windows Store:

• Open the Start menu, do a search for Windows Powershell, right-click the result and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to get the information from Windows Store app and press
      Enter:
      • Get-AppxPackage -name *store*
    • Select the content from the InstallationLocation field and right-click on it to copy the content ot the clipboard. The content should look like this:
      • InstallLocation : C:\Program Files\WIndowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2016.27.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    • Open Notepad, Paste the output, and save the file, as you will need this information later on.
    • Type the following command on Powershell and press Enter:
      • Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore | Remove-AppxPackage

Install the Windows Store:

• Open the Start menu, do a search for Windows Powershell, right-click the result and Select
      Run as administrator.
    • Select and copy the package name from the Notepad file you created on
      step 3 from the previous instructions
      . it should look something like this:
      • Microsoft.WindowsStore_2016.27.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    • Type the following command, replace YourStorePackageName with the package name you copied to the clipboard, and press
      Enter:
      • Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\YourStorePackageName\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode
    • Once the WIndows 10 Store finishes installing, reboot your computer to complete the process.

After rebooting your computer, you should already be able to log in to Windows 10 and open the Store.

Kindly give us an update on how it goes.

Nick Dich, May 19, 2024
Thema:

Where is the Windows Store log file

1. Where is the Windows Store log file - Similar Threads - Where Store log

2. Where is the Windows Store log file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the Windows Store log file: I would like to check the log file for Windows Store, where is this located?Please don't post instructions on how to reset Windows Store or run various commands or reboot. I tried a few methods already. Of course I can also go as far as to reinstall Windows. That's not the...
  3. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC": Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how...
  4. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC": Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how...
  5. Where to store .exe files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to store .exe files?: New to windows. When you download a small program that is just an .exe file and no installer, where do you put it? submitted by /u/rkruegs123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6keea/where_to_store_exe_files/
  6. Change where files are stored to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change where files are stored to: Under Settings/Storage, I read that it is possible to change where files, such as documents, downloads, and pictures, are stored. But the drop-down menu next to each item doesn't give me an option to change the location. Can I change the storage settings to OneDrive or an...
  7. Where are whiteboard files stored?

Where are whiteboard files stored?: In fact, are they stored.....? Can't find a file anywhere with them so if my computer crashes I lose them all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-whiteboard-files-stored/5147e05a-cf4a-4bfb-be84-68e65b375d57
  8. Where are the codecs stored for image files

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are the codecs stored for image files: Since Windows 7 support ended on January 14th I've upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I've got a lot of image files - JPEG, TIFF, Photoshop and Nikon raw files (file extension .NEF). My camera shoots both JPEG and NEF at the same time - so there are two files for every shot. To...
  9. Where are the Windows 10 Event logs stored?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are the Windows 10 Event logs stored?: Does anyone know where the Windows 10 Event Logs are stored? I know you can access them with Event Viewer, but I want to know where it loads them from. Googling didn't help much, as I only got results for Windows 7 and XP. 86955
  10. Where GWX Files Are Stored

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where GWX Files Are Stored: For anyone interested where all the GWX files(with types) & folders are, I've made a screenshot after using UltraSearch on my Windows 8.1 PC. To see it better just click the image a second time to make it even larger. For even more info just use process explorer. Attachment...