Windows 10: Where is this Icon located at?

Discus and support Where is this Icon located at? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know where most of Windows 10 Icons are located at, but this one I can't find. [img] I've looked everywhere, imageres.dll for a start and 9 other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HHH03, Dec 5, 2020.

1. HHH03 Win User

Where is this Icon located at?

I know where most of Windows 10 Icons are located at, but this one I can't find.

Where is this Icon located at? [​IMG]

I've looked everywhere, imageres.dll for a start and 9 other .dll files that have icons sets that I know of. I can't find this one. Hopefully someone might know where it's hiding at.

Windows 10 Pro build 19042.662

:)

HHH03, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Location icon grayed out and not working in windows 10 creators update

We suggest that you check if the following service is enabled to activate the Location icon:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type service.msc in the Run dialog box and select
      Services.
    • Right-click on Windows Location Framework Service and click
      Stop
    • Once done, right-click again on Windows Location Framework Service and click
      Start.
    • If the service is enabled, try disabling and re-enabling and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Erika Aro, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Nickynoo Win User
    Location System Icon

halasz - your first suggestion - settings > system > notifications and actions > Select which icons appear on the taskbar - location was off, Ive now turned it on.
    Your second suggestion settings > privacy > location - location was on and ive left it on.

But still - settings > system > notifications and actions > turn system icons on or off ---- the location "switch" is off and it is greyed out.

Nickynoo, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Nick89 Win User

Program that saves the location of Desktop icons?

Are there any programs that will save the locations of my desktop icons? every time I play a game or my computer goes to sleep they get all f*&^ed up and its pissing me off.

Thanks in advance.

Nick89, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Where is this Icon located at? - Similar Threads - Where Icon located

2. I need to know where the following icon is located in the Windows files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to know where the following icon is located in the Windows files: I need to know in which .dll file this icon is located on W10. It's for a class project https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-know-where-the-following-icon-is-located/6be83fff-a196-414c-8566-0af521515f2a
  3. Icons Location . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons Location . . .: I got a new, Dell computer.The, OS was already installed.The Icons, were all on the left side.I tried, to move them to the right.But, they just slapped right back?So, what's the answer?Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  4. Icon location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icon location: Some programs make their folders with a picture ,where are the icon location of this folders? if i try to change icon in properties and that show me %SystemRoot%\System32\SHELL32.dll, but where is actual ican location? [ATTACH] [Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows...
  5. Where is the tag database located?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the tag database located?: Hello! I usually tag (and re-tag) my photos to try and get them in some semblance of order. Tagging in the File Explorer Details Panel is real easy. I type and autocomplete suggests something I've used before. Simple, right? But what if I don't use that tag anymore? I...
  6. Where are my snip & sketch SS located/where is the clipboard located?

Where are my snip & sketch SS located/where is the clipboard located?: It says it was saved to the clipboard. Where then is access to the clipboard? i understand i can choose to save it yet again from this pop-up if i catch it on time, but why would i bother since it's already saved for me? tyia [ATTACH]...
  7. Where is this .ico located?

Where is this .ico located?: Windows 10 - 1903 [img] The icon on the far left is the one in cannot find. I can only browse to the one on the far right when I choose "Change Icon" in properties for my shortcut. 146467
  8. Where are the icons for Windows 10.0.18362 (1903) located?

Where are the icons for Windows 10.0.18362 (1903) located?: In earlier builds for Windows, icon resource files were embedded in the featured DLL in the System32 directory. C:\Windows\System32 Windows 10 1903 have relocated the resource files to: C:\Windows\SystemResources Name File Size...
  9. Where is this startup program located?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Where is this startup program located?: I recently installed a Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti card. A startup program ASUS GPUTweaklI was also installed. I want to stop the program from running at startup but can't find where it is located. Tried searching the startup folders and they are empty. I checked Task...
  10. Where are the Background pictures located?

Where are the Background pictures located?: I went to settings / personalization / background and browsed to change my background picture to one that I had on my hard drive. I was not satisfied so I went back to settings / personalization / background. The original picture that I wanted, was no longer there. [img]...