Windows 10: Where is this Linux Icon coming from? And how do I remove it?

Discus and support Where is this Linux Icon coming from? And how do I remove it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason a Linux icon is showing up in the This PC section of my file explorer.When expand it - nothing show up.When I choose properties "the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Veepo, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Veepo Win User

Where is this Linux Icon coming from? And how do I remove it?

For some reason a Linux icon is showing up in the This PC section of my file explorer.When expand it - nothing show up.When I choose properties "the properties for this item are not available"V

:)

Veepo, Nov 3, 2023

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 3, 2023
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

Removing Icons

Hi,

Sorry. I should have said that I am using Gnome. My post related to the method for removing all desktop icons. The right click and move to trash method works for any added icons but it doesn't work for the Trash and Home folder icons which are installed as standard. (If you right click on them, you don't get a remover to trash option.)

Malcolm

madd_axeman, Nov 3, 2023
  4. Where is this Linux Icon coming from? And how do I remove it?

Easy Rhino, Nov 3, 2023
Thema:

Where is this Linux Icon coming from? And how do I remove it?

1. Where is this Linux Icon coming from? And how do I remove it? - Similar Threads - Where Linux Icon

2. Where is this Linux Icon coming from? And how do I remove it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is this Linux Icon coming from? And how do I remove it?: For some reason a Linux icon is showing up in the This PC section of my file explorer.When expand it - nothing show up.When I choose properties "the properties for this item are not available"V...
  3. Where are they coming from?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are they coming from?: Under my temp folder, there seem to be a lot of files named ''scoped_dir'' and then a bunch of random numbers at the back of the folder names. I also noticed that all of these ''scoped_dir'' files were being created under my temp folder at the same time, as shown below, but...
  4. Where are they coming from?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are they coming from?: Under my temp folder, there seem to be a lot of files named ''scoped_dir'' and then a bunch of random numbers at the back of the folder names. I also noticed that all of these ''scoped_dir'' files were being created under my temp folder at the same time, as shown below, but...
  5. Where are they coming from?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do I remove a Linux partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove a Linux partition: hey guys I updated my bios and have been having grub command line boots ever since on my disk management on my 1tb hardrive there is a 150gb unallocated space which can't be extended or deleted now I know this is a linux partiton but how can I delete it while on windows....
  7. What are these icons and where did they come from?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are these icons and where did they come from?: What are these icons and where did they come from? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this/cf0a6271-25ed-41a9-af6a-98253a7e93eb
  8. How do I remove this from my icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove this from my icons?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bedguy17 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flv185/how_do_i_remove_this_from_my_icons/
  9. Where does this icon come from? Is there composite icons in Windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where does this icon come from? Is there composite icons in Windows?: Version 1909 Build 18363.657 If you assign an unknown file-type, say .test, to mspaint.exe using the normal 'open with' dialog. The file takes an icon that is a white page with the mspaint.exe icon in the middle. [img] This icon can not be found in mspaint.exe and I've...
  10. Where Do These Temp Files Come From?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where Do These Temp Files Come From?: Location: C>Windows>Temp I recently started seeing folders with names like tw-15c0-518-ac7fd8e in the above location. Apparently all the folders are empty. First there were a few dozen, and I deleted them 2 or 3 times (once per week). This time there were about 200. Looking...