Windows 10: Where is this setting?

Discus and support Where is this setting? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm fairly sure this is a Windows 10 setting. When I drag my mouse off screen in the bottom right corner, all windows close and I get my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Terrypin Win User

Where is this setting?

I'm fairly sure this is a Windows 10 setting. When I drag my mouse off screen in the bottom right corner, all windows close and I get my desktop wallpaper. I'd like to switch it off. Looked in many places but so far haven't found it.

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Oct 1, 2016

2. Settings - Change where content is saved: Does this migrate the current location or split the search paths? Set new dafaults?

Hi Bruce:

1) No, unlike Windows 7 we cannot assume anything will work as intended in Windows 10 which seems entirely dependent upon the quality of the underlying install - no factory installs, serial Upgrade installs, etc. as these are always avoided by enthusiasts anyway
    and especially prone to issues in Windows 10 - and at any time can suffer from the heavy Windows Update mauling.

2) You'll have to see. Some say the files start a new folder in that location immediately, others say it doesn't work at all. It is only intended for new files from that point forward.

Please read over this additional tutorial which goes more into depth about how this works:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/23790-chang...

If you want the stable method that's worked across all editions of Windows, then keep the apps all on C with the image and move User folders to a data partition as you need the space.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1964-move-u...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 1, 2016
  3. Settings - Change where content is saved: Does this migrate the current location or split the search paths? Set new dafaults?

When a new location is chosen to store content via Settings: System: Storage: Change where new content is saved > Apps, Documents or Photos as three primary areas of concern - Is the old location and contents migrated to the newly selected location and
    then set to default? If not, how are dual locations handled, especially in the case of "apps"?

brucemc777, Oct 1, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Where is this setting?

Where is this setting? [​IMG]

Right click the taskbar and select setting to bring you strait there.

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2016
  5. Terrypin Win User
    Thanks Cliff, that was fast!

That must have been a default. Now switched off.

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Oct 1, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome*Smile At least it is only a sliver big now compare to earlier Windows versions(7 or 8.1).

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    Actually I like this feature. Click down there and you go to the Desktop with all open windows minimised (I often have a lot of windows open).

Bree, Oct 2, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Where is this setting?

WIN KEY + M will do it, also.

f14tomcat, Oct 2, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Tripping over this thread, I just got reminded that I have a mouse gesture for that!

Where is this setting? [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 2, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    TC & Edwin, he wants it permanently off.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Where is this setting?

1. Where is this setting? - Similar Threads - Where setting

2. Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...: . I'm getting the 'this app not Microsoft verified' message so I have gone into Settings/Apps & can see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open Advanced App there is no choose option, only Share, Aliases & Archive. Can anyone help please?...
  3. Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...: . I'm getting the 'this app not Microsoft verified' message so I have gone into Settings/Apps & can see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open Advanced App there is no choose option, only Share, Aliases & Archive. Can anyone help please?...
  4. Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?: I'm looking to manually change what my laptop treats the device plugged into the audio jack as. I want to do the same thing that is described in the link below, but the setting has migrated somewhere in Windows 11 and I can't find...
  5. Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?

Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?: I'm looking to manually change what my laptop treats the device plugged into the audio jack as. I want to do the same thing that is described in the link below, but the setting has migrated somewhere in Windows 11 and I can't find...
  6. No "Choose where to get apps" or "Install apps from external sources" setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No "Choose where to get apps" or "Install apps from external sources" setting: So I recently got a Microsoft laptop to help me run things my other laptop cannot, and I like it thus far. However, when I tried to install something I know it's safe and not a virus, it says it cannot run due to not being approved by Microsoft. I've heard advice to turn on...
  7. No "Choose where to get apps" or "Install apps from external sources" setting

No "Choose where to get apps" or "Install apps from external sources" setting: So I recently got a Microsoft laptop to help me run things my other laptop cannot, and I like it thus far. However, when I tried to install something I know it's safe and not a virus, it says it cannot run due to not being approved by Microsoft. I've heard advice to turn on...
  8. My advanced app setting doesn't have the choose where to get apps from option at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My advanced app setting doesn't have the choose where to get apps from option at all: I went to install opera gx and found out I had to change settings first but it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-advanced-app-setting-doesnt-have-the-choose/4b2d7abd-5397-4a06-b820-78c701d2d1c2
  9. My advanced app setting doesn't have the choose where to get apps from option at all

My advanced app setting doesn't have the choose where to get apps from option at all: I went to install opera gx and found out I had to change settings first but it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-advanced-app-setting-doesnt-have-the-choose/4b2d7abd-5397-4a06-b820-78c701d2d1c2
  10. It says I need permission. Where do I set it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says I need permission. Where do I set it?: I heard that I need permission. Where do I set it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-i-need-permission-where-do-i-set-it/3552625d-9618-4a35-bc81-361d5440b3c9