Windows 10: Where is Uninstall info/data? Cannot uninstall (MSI) programs normally

Discus and support Where is Uninstall info/data? Cannot uninstall (MSI) programs normally in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, For some time I am being bullied by programs that won't uninstall, or even won't update properly. Bottom line is that the uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kvenl, Mar 12, 2019.

1. kvenl Win User

Where is Uninstall info/data? Cannot uninstall (MSI) programs normally

Hello,

For some time I am being bullied by programs that won't uninstall, or even won't update properly.
    Bottom line is that the uninstall information/data/program cannot be found.
    It seems to be that programs with "MsiExec /x{GUID}" as uninstall string are the ones that won't uninstall.
    I can achieve it by using a utility or by hand, but it is not normal.

Does someone know what can be the cause of this?
    Are programs like CCleaner a suspect ?

Any help/direction would be very appreciated.

Cheers

Kees

:)

kvenl, Mar 12, 2019

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Where is Uninstall info/data? Cannot uninstall (MSI) programs normally :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Revo Uninstaller

free version doesn't list 64bit applications, hence totally helpless to remove them, while native windows uninstaller will do that.

only paid version revo uninstaller pro does and also another paid program called your uninstaller.

Drone, Mar 12, 2019
  4. waspman3 Win User

Uninstalling Difficult Programs

AVG 8.0 and some other items Id like off my computer.Is there a good uninstaller out there somewhere?Ive tried to uninstall from my control panel and even through Hijack this and no luck?Thought it wouldnt be a problem but is turning out to be a challenge.Any suggestions would be of great help?Thanks!!!

waspman3, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Where is Uninstall info/data? Cannot uninstall (MSI) programs normally - Similar Threads - Where Uninstall info

2. Cannot uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall a program: Hi,I have Windows 11. I downloaded and installed a program and I want to uninstall it now.I can launch and run the program just perfectly.But I cannot uninstall it.I tried 3 different ways.1. The programs own uninstaller. When I doubleclick it, I get a message This app can't...
  3. Cannot uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall a program: Hi,I have Windows 11. I downloaded and installed a program and I want to uninstall it now.I can launch and run the program just perfectly.But I cannot uninstall it.I tried 3 different ways.1. The programs own uninstaller. When I doubleclick it, I get a message This app can't...
  4. Cannot uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall programs: Under programs in Control Panel, I am not able to uninstall any programs. It will not uninstall, and when I go back to uninstall other programs it says it cannot perform the function because it is busy uninstalling a program. How can I correct this?...
  5. Cannot uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall programs: Under programs in Control Panel, I am not able to uninstall any programs. It will not uninstall, and when I go back to uninstall other programs it says it cannot perform the function because it is busy uninstalling a program. How can I correct this?...
  6. UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-: I want to uninstall filmora video editor from my laptop but i am getting this 'File C:\Program Files x86\iSkysoft\Filmora Video Editor\unins000.dat does not exist. cannot uninstall.PLEASE HELP...
  7. Cannot Uninstall Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Uninstall Program: I'm using Windows 10 and trying to uninstall a program. I get the ox80040702 error message that it can't do this because of a missing dll file, but I found the file, copied it to Windows/System32, and then rebooted without success. I tried to uninstall in safe mode, same...
  8. Cannot uninstall program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall program: I logged onto my laptop today, I kept getting virus pop ups and found what program they were coming from but it wont let me uninstall it. I looked up the name of the program and found multiple places saying it was a virus itself....
  9. cannot uninstall program

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot uninstall program: This Segurazo can not uninstall from windows 10, even not in apps & features, show in program area. How to remove / uninstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-uninstall-program/52122203-e2ea-407f-9147-e308e66427d6
  10. general info re: an uninstalled program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    general info re: an uninstalled program: About 2 months ago a program called Idle Buddy was installed on my laptop I did not install this but since I didn't know what it was I uninstalled the program However, when I start-up my laptop a small window in the lower right corner comes on entitled Idle Buddy. I looked...