Windows 10: where is updates being done?

Discus and support where is updates being done? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I wonder where MS does all their updates for Win 10? I think it was done in Seattle?But changed recently to somewhere abroad? Thanks in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ddmeltzer8, May 30, 2019.

1. where is updates being done?

Hi.

I wonder where MS does all their updates for Win 10?

I think it was done in Seattle?But changed recently to somewhere abroad?

Thanks in advance.

:)

ddmeltzer8, May 30, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond where is updates being done? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 30, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, May 30, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

where is updates being done?

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, May 30, 2019
Thema:

where is updates being done?

1. where is updates being done? - Similar Threads - where updates being

2. So what is being done about the microphone problem??????????????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So what is being done about the microphone problem??????????????: Went to use my microphone in Google Chrome and it doesn't work. It is on in Chrome settings and it is available for Chrome in Windows settings.Windows shows there is no microphone available. It has always been there. Why is it that every time Microsoft does updates, something...
  3. So what is being done about the microphone problem??????????????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So what is being done about the microphone problem??????????????: Went to use my microphone in Google Chrome and it doesn't work. It is on in Chrome settings and it is available for Chrome in Windows settings.Windows shows there is no microphone available. It has always been there. Why is it that every time Microsoft does updates, something...
  4. My computer randomly updated despite there being no updates needed to be done.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer randomly updated despite there being no updates needed to be done.: Hi all, my computer randomly updated without any updates needed to be done.I typed in "r/" in the browser and when I went to sign out, my computer restarted and updated. I'm kind of scared because I think my computer might've just gotten a virus :...
  5. Windows reset done, where did some files go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reset done, where did some files go?: Windows reset while leaving files alone was supposed to leave files alone but I think it left out "leaves file alone in document folder only" because some of the files that were stored elsewhere is missing. I had to do a reset because something was blocking updates and...
  6. Random weird changes being done after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random weird changes being done after windows update: I recently updated my windows, when i was done, I went to watch some youtube videos, all of a sudden the task bar went to the side, I put it back, then minimized google to see that my desktop wallpaper changed to a picture of a rainbow doge saying ¨wow¨. which wasnt saved on...
  7. Done downloading updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Done downloading updates: Every time I update Windows 10, I wind up spending a day trying to figure out how to get my system working properly again. Last time, my printer disappeared. This time my display faded like I was on a 1960's color tv watching Bonanza. I'm done downloading any updates. I'd...
  8. RANT: Done with Updates!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RANT: Done with Updates!!!: I'm so infuriated! Yesterday, Microsoft made me force me update my PC to a security update that can't be uninstalled on July the 26th!!!! WHY CAN'T MICROSOFT JUST EVER MAKE A VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY TURN OFF UPDATES LIKE IN WINDOWS 7 AND XP!!!?!?!?!...
  9. where didmy picutres go when update to Windows 10 wa done in March

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where didmy picutres go when update to Windows 10 wa done in March: where id my pictures go when you did the lastest up date on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-didmy-picutres-go-when-update-to-windows-10/55340612-05d8-4436-8439-6c95b4a0ffa6
  10. Where are the Updates stored when they're being downloaded?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where are the Updates stored when they're being downloaded?: Man... I'm exhausted on searching about where are the windows updates are placed when they're downloaded? 1) I know they aren't in %temp% or %appdata%. 2) I know they vanishes after being installed. --> I want to know where are they being prison-ed whey they're being...