Windows 10: Where is Win10 in File Explorer?

Discus and support Where is Win10 in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In File Explorer under "This PC" I have WIN7 (C) under "Devices and Drives" but no mention of Win 10. Why? 30282 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jake35, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Jake35 Win User

Where is Win10 in File Explorer?

In File Explorer under "This PC" I have WIN7 (C) under "Devices and Drives" but no mention of Win 10. Why?

:)

Jake35, Nov 16, 2015
  2. fastmari Win User

where is the Recorder in Win10?

where is the Recorder in Win 10? I don't need documents, I need the recorder; there no longer is an Accessories

folder to look for recorder, there is NO RECorDER in the Files list, where is it hiding and how stupid is Win10...very!!!

fastmari, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 16, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Because the volume name of the partition for C: drive is WIN7. Right click on C: under "This PC" and click on properties. On the general tab, in the top square change WIN7 to WIN10. Click OK, and then Continue. You have to be logged in on an administrator account to accomplish the name change.

NavyLCDR, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Where is Win10 in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - Where Win10 File

2. Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?: Whatever happened to adding UseCompactMode to the registry for Windows 10?I read a year or so ago that it would be added, but I'm now on Build 19045.3325, and it's still not there.Any info would be much appreciated!...
  3. Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?: Whatever happened to adding UseCompactMode to the registry for Windows 10?I read a year or so ago that it would be added, but I'm now on Build 19045.3325, and it's still not there.Any info would be much appreciated!...
  4. Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File Explorer Win10 "Not Responding"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Win10 "Not Responding": How can I resolve File Explorer Win10 that properly navigates and displays folders and files, but I get "Not Responding" when I select a .xlsx or .docx to launch the app with that file?...
  6. Win10 File Explorer replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 File Explorer replacement: Although due to some properties use this program, I want to ask tips on how fully replace it. Total Commander file manager is OK, but for example, working with the home network is is unsatisfactory and complex. Needs a plugin for this(?). Or at least I can't operate me. Does...
  7. Where is "Documents and Settings" in File Explorer?

Where is "Documents and Settings" in File Explorer?: Why is it I can see "C:\Documents and Settings" and "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users" in a MS-DOS command console but I can't see those directories folders in File Explorer?...
  8. Where are recovered files in file explorer

Where are recovered files in file explorer: A few days ago I was frantically looking for a version of my document that was too old for Version History, not in unsaved documents, not in the recycling bin. I found it by typing in some address that included the terms "C:" and "recovered" in file explorer. Now I need this...
  9. File explorer in Win10

File explorer in Win10: When using the File explorer, how do I get the folders to remain on the top of the list when I sort the documents by date? Currently when I sort by date the latest document will be on the top while all the folders are right at the bottom....
  10. Where is icon for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is icon for File Explorer?: In the far left hand column of the Start Menu I have Power, Settings and my link but no File Explorer. Where is it any thoughts please? Win 10 V. 1607) 65692

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i see win10 file explorer log