Windows 10: Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it?

Discus and support Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I started a document in wordpad, and now it appears wordpad doesn't exist on my computer.This happened with microsoft paint. The only solution I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NeilD323, May 26, 2022.

1. NeilD323 Win User

Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it?

I started a document in wordpad, and now it appears wordpad doesn't exist on my computer.This happened with microsoft paint. The only solution I can see is to use a different operating system, which is going to be a pain, but I can't afford to be at risk of microsoft forcing updates on me and choosing what apps I can and can't use.I can only guess that wordpad isn't supported or its been removed due to a recent forced update. Any ideas on this? I'm now late for handing in an important document to my employer because of this. Windows 10 is so invasive, I just can't continue with it if this is

:)

NeilD323, May 26, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To clear the Recent Docs list in Wordpad, please refer the steps mentioned below:

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

1. Close Wordpad.
    2. Type Command Prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    3. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    4. Now, copy the following command and paste in Command Prompt window:
      cmd /k reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Wordpad\Recent File List" /f
      and hit Enter.
    5. After executing the command, restart the computer, open
      Wordpad and check Recent Docs list.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 26, 2022
  3. Deleting recent documents from WordPad

What steps should I take to delete recent documents from WordPad on Windows 10?

Jennifer Graha, May 26, 2022
  4. Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it?

Wordpad

Hello Tatic,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘deleted’, are you referring to the application which was showing in the Start menu or the application was uninstalled from your computer?

WordPad is a basic word processor that is included with almost all the versions of Microsoft Windows.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Click on Start menu and type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar search and click on the result. This will open WordPad.
    2. If you’re not able to open WordPad, Press
      Windows + R and type ‘Write’ and hit enter.
    3. You will WordPad application launching on the
      screen.
    4. Navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and look for a ‘write’ (File).
    5. You will see the application now.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, May 26, 2022
Thema:

Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it?

1. Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it? - Similar Threads - Where Wordpad Has

2. Wordpad app uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wordpad app uninstalled: Hi All,Wordpad app has been erased. I'd like to re-install but I understand that it's no longer available. How can I get around this problem? Thanks in advance.Dorabella...
  3. Wordpad app uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wordpad app uninstalled: Hi All,Wordpad app has been erased. I'd like to re-install but I understand that it's no longer available. How can I get around this problem? Thanks in advance.Dorabella...
  4. I need help with uninstalling wordpad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with uninstalling wordpad.: Ever since i got wordpad i've gotten thousands of popups opening the same **** document even when i'm playing games, soon i'll wake up to billions of tabs open and they are all going to be wordpad documents...
  5. I need help with uninstalling wordpad.

I need help with uninstalling wordpad.: Ever since i got wordpad i've gotten thousands of popups opening the same **** document even when i'm playing games, soon i'll wake up to billions of tabs open and they are all going to be wordpad documents...
  6. Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it?

Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it?: I started a document in wordpad, and now it appears wordpad doesn't exist on my computer.This happened with microsoft paint. The only solution I can see is to use a different operating system, which is going to be a pain, but I can't afford to be at risk of microsoft forcing...
  7. Where are the details of automatically uninstalled updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where are the details of automatically uninstalled updates?: I awoke this morning to find that my PC was frozen. The screen was black, the fans were cranking; turning the monitor off and on had no effect, nor did anything with the keyboard or mouse. I rebooted the computer, and the BIOS performed a self-diagnosis, then allowed...
  8. Uninstalling recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling recent update: I am running Windows 10 version 1909 and yesterday I had an automatic update of KB4549951. I have read recently that there are associated problems with this update and I have noticed that my computer is running much slower than before the update. I have tried to uninstall...
  9. Recent update has bugs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent update has bugs: I'm using Windows 10 1903 and installed the latest update recently. However, I found that there is two bugs in my system. First of all, my taskbar won't auto hide when I play video from my browsers, or media player, after putting my laptop to sleep and wake it. Second, I have...
  10. Deleting recent documents from WordPad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting recent documents from WordPad: What steps should I take to delete recent documents from WordPad on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-recent-documents-from-wordpad/ac52e1e0-013c-4352-8dc6-754dffa5d1ef