Windows 10: where on W10 do u switch from touchscreen to mouse

Discus and support where on W10 do u switch from touchscreen to mouse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do you go from tablet to desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brenda K Crawford, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Brenda K Crawford Win User

where on W10 do u switch from touchscreen to mouse

how do you go from tablet to desktop

:)

Brenda K Crawford, Sep 7, 2018
  2. grimdbu Win User

Touchscreen acts as mouse

I bought an LG 17mb15t-b touchscreen monitor. I have a pc running Windows 10 (Version 1607 OS build 14393.479).
    The touchscreen has a VGA connector and a USB connector.
    Windows detects the monitor in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers as 1 normal Display (VGA connection) and 1 mouse (USB connection).
    The touchscreen acts as a mouse even in Tablet mode, I can see the cursor (even if I have no mouse or keyboard connected) and I can move the cursor with my finger like with a mouse. It does not act like a touchscreen at all it acts like a mouse.
    On the LG support site I found they only have drivers for Windows 8.1. Is there any way I can make Windows 10 recognize it as a touchscreen or do I have to change the monitor with another model/brand?

I tried the Windows 8.1 driver from LG site and still same issue. I tried windows driver update and still same issue.

grimdbu, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Blahbio Win User
    Touchscreen switches on

Blahbio, Sep 7, 2018
  4. ChojiTiger Win User

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. where on W10 do u switch from touchscreen to mouse - Similar Threads - where W10 switch

2. When switching from a desktop to a laptop, How do you do a right click on the mouse?

in Windows 10 Customization
    When switching from a desktop to a laptop, How do you do a right click on the mouse?: How is a right click mouse done on a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-switching-from-a-desktop-to-a-laptop-how-do/bed47d8e-2ee6-47ec-a87e-33736f493375
  3. Switching from AOL to Chrome where is my address book?

in Browsers and Email
    Switching from AOL to Chrome where is my address book?: I can open my contacts but they are my PHONE contacts. Please somene with gmail tell me where my AOL address book is on chrome/gmail. Write an email Open Gmail. In the top left, click Compose. In the "To" field, add recipients. HOW? If you want, you can also add...
  4. Where do deleted favorites from Edge go?

in Browsers and Email
    Where do deleted favorites from Edge go?: In IE, deleted favorites ended up in the Recycle bin from where you could get rid of them for good. Now that I am using Edge I don't see the deleted favorites in the recycle bin. Where are they? Taking room in an unseen file? Does anyone know? Was this question too hard...
  5. How do I recover a file from B/U-Restore?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I recover a file from B/U-Restore?: I don't need to recover my entire backup. I seem to recall in Windows 7 that I could look at files saved using backup and restore. Then click on one to recover it. How do I do this in 10? Thanks 21806
  6. touchscreen disabled when screen switches off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchscreen disabled when screen switches off: In win7 and win8.1, i could set the screen of my tablet (Lenovo Miix3) to switch off after 3 min (not sleep, just switch off the screen). Tapping the touchscreen would bring it immediately to life again. With win10, this does not happen. I need to click the on/off button...
  7. Touchscreen acts as mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen acts as mouse: I bought an LG 17mb15t-b touchscreen monitor. I have a pc running Windows 10 (Version 1607 OS build 14393.479). The touchscreen has a VGA connector and a USB connector. Windows detects the monitor in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers as 1 normal Display...
  8. Switching three W10 systems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching three W10 systems: Hello - This might start out like a jumbled mess but hopefully I'll be able to clarify so please bear with me. I have three systems A, B & C A is main system running W10 Pro 64 and 3770K - w10 was purchased from MS store B is secondary running W10 Home 64 and 980X - w10...
  9. W10 ADK -- where is it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 ADK -- where is it: Hi there I'm trying to download the W10 ADK but I'm on a NON windows system currently. I'm presented from the Ms site an .EXE file which is obviously useless on the system I'm currently using. [img] Anybody have a direct link. Note - it's not unusual for...
  10. Touchscreen: Mouse-Over equivalent action?

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchscreen: Mouse-Over equivalent action?: Is there a way to do a "mouse-over" action without a pointer input device? Such a case for example is where a menu dropbox opens up on mouse-over. Then you move the mouse over the menu item selection and then click. It doesn't seem to work with your fingers. 52211