Windows 10: Where stores windows 10 the user info inside the registry

Discus and support Where stores windows 10 the user info inside the registry in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello: I am new in this forum and I want to resolve one problem. I have some apps (games) that save some files (save games) inside my documents dir... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cesar300, Feb 26, 2019.

1. cesar300 Win User

Where stores windows 10 the user info inside the registry

Hello:
    I am new in this forum and I want to resolve one problem. I have some apps (games) that save some files (save games) inside my documents dir (others in appdata or in C:\programdata). All that I want is change this path to inside game dir and with an app packer software (enigma virtual box), this is possible. At least in windows XP was enough virtualizing the registry key "user shell folders" but in windows 10 the same procedure don't work. I think that the key "folder descriptions" have something to do on it but I don't make it to work. Are there anything that fails?
    Thanks.

PD: I asked the same in Enigma VB forums and I got no answer.

:)

cesar300, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Easo Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Have you cleaned up registry? User lists are saved there too.

3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Where stores windows 10 the user info inside the registry - Similar Threads - Where stores user

2. Where is the Registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Registry?: Hello, A few years ago, I had an error message about my profile. I couldn't get onto my computer the normal way, I needed to get on in a different mode. Anyway, I googled the problem I was having and found a youtube w/instructions on how to fix it. The instructions called for...
  3. Where is the Registry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the Registry?: Hello, A few years ago, I had an error message about my profile. I couldn't get onto my computer the normal way, I needed to get on in a different mode. Anyway, I googled the problem I was having and found a youtube w/instructions on how to fix it. The instructions called for...
  4. User info

in Windows 10 Customization
    User info: Why there are three different users, I am the only user. all accounts show the same email address.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-info/6b821cc8-f27b-4cdf-9822-aa31f4301ccf
  5. Where are advanced security options stored in registry?

in Browsers and Email
    Where are advanced security options stored in registry?: Hi! I am looking to find how to edit advanced security settings from registry: [ATTACH] I cant find their location. I want to check/uncheck from regedit. 152967
  6. Where is the user password hint stored?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where is the user password hint stored?: Hey. When trying to log to some user in windows and submiting a wrong password, then windows shows you the hint that was set for this user. I wonder if there is any way to access this data from the file system or maybe in any registry key. Thanks...
  7. Where are user settings stored in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are user settings stored in Windows 10?: When a user sets settings in the Settings app on Windows 10, where are they stored on the system? Can a folder be copied over to a fresh Windows 10 installation to restore them?...
  8. Where Start menu pinned items info is stored?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where Start menu pinned items info is stored?: hi! i have had BSOD and my entire start menu pinned items are gone. and i had LOTS of them (almost entire extended start menu filled) all sorted and adjusted. too long to recover manually. i have system partition backup image. but it would be stupid to recover whole...
  9. where does w10 store partitons in the registry ?

in Windows 10 Support
    where does w10 store partitons in the registry ?: hi does somebody where does windows 10 store partitions ? in windows 7 and windows 8 , ->regedit -> Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices[/quote] in windows 10 i have only Code: \??\Volume[/quote] related to the burners blu ray nothing else and \DosDevices\C:...
  10. Where is poladtev in the windows 10 registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is poladtev in the windows 10 registry: In Win 7 poladtev was located here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY\Policy\PolAdtEv Where is it located in Win10 enterprise? 84218