Windows 10: Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10.

Discus and support Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "not system drive". I clicked to move it to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by A2016, Oct 31, 2019.

1. A2016 Win User

Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10.

From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "not system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the operation. Then I cancelled it.

After that I didn't find many files that were in E. I lost the first alphabetical folders with all its files.

I searched for the files using the file explorer search; but I didn't find any. I searched for them in the whole PC; not only E. They're not in the recycle bin even. I don't have backup for them also.

Where can I find these files? Or I lost them forever?

:)

A2016, Oct 31, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 31, 2019
  3. I'm trying to cancel my Windows 10 upgrade

"the above steps" DO NOT WORK !

There is no "Cancel Reservation" option available !!

AyranDreger, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10.

no cancel on resvp.

Hi Teelah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To cancel the reservation/upgrade to Windows 10, follow the steps:

• Open the Reservation app in the notification area (double click it).
    • Click the Hamburger menu in the upper left corner.
    • Select ‘View Confirmation’.
    • In the lower left, click Cancel Reservation and then confirm (twice).

Hope this information is helpful. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10.

1. Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10. - Similar Threads - Where cancelled move

2. Files disappeared after moving to an other user. Where did they go?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files disappeared after moving to an other user. Where did they go?: Hello there, I tried to move files from a different user to my default user administrator. But when I clicked on copy all of the files that were located in my default user just disappeared. I think they are still on my pc because I found 2 files back. But when I open my map...
  3. Files disappeared after moving to an other user. Where did they go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files disappeared after moving to an other user. Where did they go?: Hello there, I tried to move files from a different user to my default user administrator. But when I clicked on copy all of the files that were located in my default user just disappeared. I think they are still on my pc because I found 2 files back. But when I open my map...
  4. Files disappeared after moving to an other user. Where did they go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. In Win 10: Where're the files lost after I cancelled moving them?

In Win 10: Where're the files lost after I cancelled moving them?: From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "E is part of the hard drive but not a system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop of my labtop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the...
  6. In Win 10: Where're the files lost after I cancelled moving them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Win 10: Where're the files lost after I cancelled moving them?: From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "E is part of the hard drive but not a system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop of my labtop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the...
  7. In Win 10: Where're the files that I cancelled moving them?

In Win 10: Where're the files that I cancelled moving them?: From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "not system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the operation. Then I cancelled it. After that I didn't...
  8. In Win 10: Where're the files that I cancelled moving them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Win 10: Where're the files that I cancelled moving them?: From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "not system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the operation. Then I cancelled it. After that I didn't...
  9. Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10.

Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10.: From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "not system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the operation. Then I cancelled it. After that I didn't...
  10. Where does the Win 10 download go?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where does the Win 10 download go?: Hi I registered for Win 10 and then cancelled. Last week, there was a large (3GB or so) hit on my Broadband allowance, which seems to roughly coincide with the size of Win 10. How can I see whether the files have been downloaded? Where does it put them and what would I do if...