Windows 10: Where the H did this come from?

Discus and support Where the H did this come from? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer had gone to sleep for a couple of hours. When I brought it up again and looked at my desktop, a Homegroup icon now appears on it. I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnpd, Jul 31, 2017.

1. johnpd Win User

Where the H did this come from?

My computer had gone to sleep for a couple of hours. When I brought it up again and looked at my desktop, a Homegroup icon now appears on it. I cannot delete or move it. I don't have a Homegroup. Where did this come from? There were no updates processed recently. In fact I have updates basically shut off unless I check for updates? The last update I received was one for MS Office 2010 Outlook a couple of days ago (which is strange since I don't have Outlook). I looked at the Reliability Monitor and nothing of substance appears there. How do I get rid of this?

JohnD

:)

johnpd, Jul 31, 2017

2. Where did this Microsoft impediment come from it suddenly appeared on my desktop and is a hinderence covering up the screen.

Hi Try*3, Thank You for responding,

You should be able to get back to normal by changing Use start full screen back to Off.

I will look into your recommendation to see how it affects my PC,

I seemed to have solved the "Slate Blue screen" Problem that occurred the Instant that MS 3D Builder was uninstalled, I believe it was because My PC suddenly set itself into Tablet Mode - Turning this off via settings solved the screen cover up.

I can only assume the 3D Builder Program has been written for a touch Screen Computer so that its final act on uninstalling is to revert to Tablet mode.

Bill

billzpoolz, Jul 31, 2017
  3. Where did this Microsoft impediment come from it suddenly appeared on my desktop and is a hinderence covering up the screen.

I uninstalled an unwanted App 3D Builder and I am left with these screens. covering everything up I cannot get rid of them Restore Point has failed twice. I cannot do anything with them , make smaller etc It is the ultimate Blue screen revenge for uninstalling
    a MS App.

What has happened to M Windows 10 to allow this to happen.

Where the H did this come from? [​IMG]

Where the H did this come from? [​IMG]

billzpoolz, Jul 31, 2017
  4. johnpd Win User

Never mind. I recall trying to start a Homegroup a few years ago on this PC. Network and Sharing indicated that I had joined a Homegroup but I never tried to use it. I went through the process of leaving the Homegroup and that was successful. The icon is now gone. Why it all of a sudden decided to popup is beyond me.

JohnD

johnpd, Jul 31, 2017
Thema:

1. Where the H did this come from? - Similar Threads - Where did

2. where did all my album art go

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where did all my album art go: Missing all my album art,after upgraded froe window 10 to window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-all-my-album-art-go/2ed6e614-f210-4341-8440-5e0a500923d5
  3. where did all my album art go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where did all my album art go: Missing all my album art,after upgraded froe window 10 to window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-all-my-album-art-go/2ed6e614-f210-4341-8440-5e0a500923d5
  4. Where did my PC backup to, is it on the cloud, and if so how can I delete it?

Where did my PC backup to, is it on the cloud, and if so how can I delete it?: I got a prompt upon restarting my computer saying it's time to back up my files. I hit continue so I could say no to everything, since my only other options was "remind me in 3 days." Problem is, it only asked me if I wanted to connect to Windows from my phone, did some...
  5. Where did my PC backup to, is it on the cloud, and if so how can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where did my PC backup to, is it on the cloud, and if so how can I delete it?: I got a prompt upon restarting my computer saying it's time to back up my files. I hit continue so I could say no to everything, since my only other options was "remind me in 3 days." Problem is, it only asked me if I wanted to connect to Windows from my phone, did some...
  6. Where did my PC backup to, is it on the cloud, and if so how can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Where did my device manager go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my device manager go?: My laptop took a fall yesterday and now my device manager is no longer showing on my computer. How or where do I find a link to reinstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-device-manager-go/aac7635d-0235-48ee-a9df-3a6690c85436
  8. Where did my device manager go?

Where did my device manager go?: My laptop took a fall yesterday and now my device manager is no longer showing on my computer. How or where do I find a link to reinstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-device-manager-go/aac7635d-0235-48ee-a9df-3a6690c85436
  9. Where did my stock watch list disappear to it is all gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my stock watch list disappear to it is all gone: My stock watch list no longer comes up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-stock-watch-list-disappear-to-it-is/d6402660-6edb-4e75-979f-a2df9ea317b9
  10. Where did my stock watch list disappear to it is all gone

Where did my stock watch list disappear to it is all gone: My stock watch list no longer comes up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-stock-watch-list-disappear-to-it-is/d6402660-6edb-4e75-979f-a2df9ea317b9