Windows 10: Where to buy a laptop battery?

Discus and support Where to buy a laptop battery? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to find a decent battery for my Y500, i know you can buy them off ebay, amazon etc but is there any other places? Or do you just take a chance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David9723, Aug 20, 2016.

1. David9723 Win User

Where to buy a laptop battery?

Trying to find a decent battery for my Y500, i know you can buy them off ebay, amazon etc but is there any other places? Or do you just take a chance and buy one from ebay?

:)

David9723, Aug 20, 2016
  2. nj15 Win User

Where to buy a nokia 7830?!

For obvious reasons this model is already discontinued and you can only find them on second-hand stores or probably on eBay (with caution).

Cheers =)

3. nj15 Win User
    Where to buy a nokia 7830?!

Never heard of it, maybe you're referring to the Nokia 7380 lipstick fashion phone?

=)

4. Phone Man Win User

Try Battery world. They are online and also have retail stores.

Battery World

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Aug 20, 2016
  5. Hi:

That's a Lenovo laptop, right?

When it comes to laptop batteries, I would stick to OEM, even if it's a few $ more.
    Buying generic, 3rd-party or "after-market" batteries these days can be "penny-wise and pound-foolish", as so much of laptop technology is proprietary.
    I would likewise avoid eBay at all costs -- too many horror stories IMHO.
    Even Amazon buyers can be cheated, especially in the "marketplace", but at least one has some recourse.
    IMHO, it's not worth the risk or hassle.

At least that is my limited experience over the years.
    I expect other members will have different advice about this.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 20, 2016
  6. David9723 Win User
    Yes it's a Lenvo, i think they want over $100.

David9723, Aug 21, 2016
  7. bobkn Win User
    Tricky decision.

Third party batteries can have better specs than OEM, at a fraction of the OEM price.

eBay is fairly safe, if you deal with an eBay storefront (hundreds or thousands of sales), and use PayPal.

I'd probably go with OEM, though. I'd worry too much with third-party.

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where to buy a laptop battery? - Similar Threads - Where buy laptop

2. Where to Buy Old Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to Buy Old Windows: My Company, Production Department to be exact buy a Machine but the controller program require to run on old Windows XP.Im still asking the vendor if they could make it works on Windows 10.Now i am trying to get Plan B if in case the vendor unable to makes it work, how can i...
  3. Where to Buy Old Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to Buy Old Windows: My Company, Production Department to be exact buy a Machine but the controller program require to run on old Windows XP.Im still asking the vendor if they could make it works on Windows 10.Now i am trying to get Plan B if in case the vendor unable to makes it work, how can i...
  4. Where can i buy a new battery for my Acer Aspire E1-531G?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can i buy a new battery for my Acer Aspire E1-531G?: I need a new battery because i can't charge it to 100%, when i unplug the AC adapter the laptop turns off, here is the battery health from batteryinfoview: I covered the serial number due to security reasons. I think that you'll say that something is wrong with the...
  5. Where can i buy a new battery for my Acer Aspire E1-531G?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can i buy a new battery for my Acer Aspire E1-531G?: I need a new battery because i can't charge it to 100%, when i unplug the AC adapter the laptop turns off, here is the battery health from batteryinfoview: I covered the serial number due to security reasons. I think that you'll say that something is wrong with the...
  6. Where to buy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to buy: What is a fair/running price for Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, download onto USB? Amazon only has the download but not the USB. Just build my first computer. Now need the software. Also, I'm a teacher but I don't want the education version. submitted by /u/Fightforone [link]...
  7. Laptop Battery Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Battery Buying Advice: May have to replace my battery. Seen them on Ebay and Amazon but was wondering how to gauge what's a smart/safe buy beyond the ratings and warranty as many seem similar in that regard. Thanks 152371
  8. Laptop Battery Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Battery Buying Advice: May have to replace my battery. Seen them on Ebay and Amazon but was wondering how to gauge what's a smart/safe buy beyond the ratings and warranty as many seem similar in that regard. Thanks 152371
  9. Where to buy activation key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to buy activation key?: I installed Windows 10 via flashdrive, now I need a activation key. Where do I buy one from? submitted by /u/Riku4441 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fd4h7a/where_to_buy_activation_key/
  10. Where to buy ssd caddy?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where to buy ssd caddy?: I bought a Dell XPS 8700 desktop with an intel i7 with a 1 tb drive and 12 gb ram. I bought an intel 535 SSD (240gb) it didn't come with a caddy, and I have no clue which one to buy. Where would I buy one?? It is just " in there" as is, right now and I want it mounted 28426