Windows 10: Where to change the profile name Microsoft account uses to install Windows 10

Discus and support Where to change the profile name Microsoft account uses to install Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've installed Windows 10 on two PC's recently. In both installs, my profile name has been truncated. I am pretty sure I was never asked what I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NormanHeyen, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Where to change the profile name Microsoft account uses to install Windows 10

I've installed Windows 10 on two PC's recently. In both installs, my profile name has been truncated. I am pretty sure I was never asked what I want for my profile name.Is it possible to change this so it doesn't look like I can't spell my name? :-Thanks!Norman

:)

NormanHeyen, Sep 4, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 4, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change | Windows Central , https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/55398-microsoft-account-link-digital-license-windows-10-pc.html , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Sep 4, 2021
  4. Jessen P Win User

Where to change the profile name Microsoft account uses to install Windows 10

Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

Where to change the profile name Microsoft account uses to install Windows 10

1. Where to change the profile name Microsoft account uses to install Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Where change profile

2. Changing Microsoft account on main profile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Microsoft account on main profile.: When I first got my PC I didn't have a Microsoft account to sign into so I signed into my parents account under my mothers email. Now a couple years later this is causing some troubles. I wanted to keep my desktop all the same. Like all the files I have downloaded, programs,...
  3. Changing Microsoft account on main profile.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Microsoft account on main profile.: When I first got my PC I didn't have a Microsoft account to sign into so I signed into my parents account under my mothers email. Now a couple years later this is causing some troubles. I wanted to keep my desktop all the same. Like all the files I have downloaded, programs,...
  4. Changing Microsoft account on main profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 User Profile Name not getting updated with Microsoft Account Profile Name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 User Profile Name not getting updated with Microsoft Account Profile Name: Hello All, I have recently bought a PC and started setting up with multiple family members as users. When I try to add my user using the Outlook Account, I saw I am using *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as my sign in id for Outlook. So I have created an alias...
  6. How to change Windows Account Name and User Profile Directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change Windows Account Name and User Profile Directory: I have tried going through the Control Panel via User Accounts and never get an option to Rename the account. I have also tried 'compmgmt.msc' and also no option to rename. 'secpol.msc' returns a 'not found'. Anything I'm missing? Trying to change 'hjros' to 'hjrose'....
  7. Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile: My child somehow associated his Microsoft account from school with the main profile on our home PC and we can't figure out how to change/remove it. He's essentially taken over that profile. Any and all suggestions appreciated shy of saving local data wiping it....
  8. User name profile change but user account was deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User name profile change but user account was deleted: I was trying to change the name of my account by regedit.exe, I did it but I used command promt to run it, but now my user account disappeared and all my data as well, I can't find anything...
  9. changing user profile name account in win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing user profile name account in win10: any easy way to change user profile name under C/users/name i can change name which shows once booting to windows but C/users/name stays the same... thank you...
  10. Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10: How to: Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10 How to Change a Network Profile Name in Windows 10 The first time that you connect to a network, Windows automatically creates a network profile and stores it on your computer. Your computer can then automatically...