Windows 10: Where to control pop up dialogs that show hidden windows

Discus and support Where to control pop up dialogs that show hidden windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have looked but cannot find anything pertaining to these pop up text's that describe windows that are hidden behind the active window I'm currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JerryHayden1, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Where to control pop up dialogs that show hidden windows

I have looked but cannot find anything pertaining to these pop up text's that describe windows that are hidden behind the active window I'm currently using. They can be dragged around the screen to remove it from interfering with the window I have active but always at first they seem to display right over and in the way of the window I have on top.Here is a shot of a couple displaying right now:Where can I go to manage these? I want to turn this off if possible.Does anybody have any information about these?Thanks,Jerry

:)

JerryHayden1, Jan 28, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Confirmation to Overrwrite Files Pop Window Hidden!!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the pop window for Replace the file destination is hidden on another tab, we will look into this for you. I would like to know if you are using multiple monitor setup on the computer.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Restore folder options to default

You can try resetting the File Explorer folder options to default and see if the issue persists. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Click on View and click on
      Options
    3. Navigate to View tab and click on
      Restore Defaults.
    4. Click on Apply and OK.

Method 2: Change Ease of Access settings

If Method 1 didn’t help, you can change the Ease of Access settings and check. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Select large icons from the drop down for
      View by.
    4. Now, click on Ease of Access Center.
    5. Click on Make the mouse easier to use.
    6. Clear the checkbox for Activate a window by hovering over it with a mouse and
      Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen.
    7. Click on Apply and OK and check if the issue persists.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 28, 2022
  4. Kinimod Win User

Where to control pop up dialogs that show hidden windows

User Account Control dialog missing Yes button

Problem solved after a lot of fiddling around, by following the solution I linked to above, except:

• To boot into safe mode, I had to press Enter while GRUB was showing (I use a dual-boot system). Just letting it time out with "Windows 10" selected as I usually do would not work, Windows would not boot at all or boot into regular mode.
    • In safe mode, I was able to log in as administrator by just leaving the password field empty.
    • After resetting the administrator password as suggested, it is no longer empty, Windows changes it to "password", which I luckily found out in a desparate attempt to guess it. I was then able to complete the rest of the steps in the linked article and restore my administrator privileges. Who would have guessed it works like that.

Kinimod, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

Where to control pop up dialogs that show hidden windows

1. Where to control pop up dialogs that show hidden windows - Similar Threads - Where control pop

2. Windows Security dialog window pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security dialog window pops up: Windows Security dialog window pops up while I am developing an application through React. It is really annoying. We have to refresh page. At first, this sign in dialog window is shown:Then the above dialog window is replaced by the following dialog window. It requires smart...
  3. Windows Security dialog window pops up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security dialog window pops up: Windows Security dialog window pops up while I am developing an application through React. It is really annoying. We have to refresh page. At first, this sign in dialog window is shown:Then the above dialog window is replaced by the following dialog window. It requires smart...
  4. Windows Security dialog window pops up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Where to control pop up dialogs that show hidden windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to control pop up dialogs that show hidden windows: I have looked but cannot find anything pertaining to these pop up text's that describe windows that are hidden behind the active window I'm currently using. They can be dragged around the screen to remove it from interfering with the window I have active but always at first...
  6. Hidden taskbar won’t pop up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hidden taskbar won’t pop up: I just turned on my pc and when i hovered the cursor over where the taskbar is, the hidden task bar won’t pop up. when i try clicking the very bottom of the screen the cursor indicates something is loading, but it won’t load. submitted by /u/nomad491750 [link] [comments]...
  7. Print dialog hidden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print dialog hidden: I am using Windows 10 and Photoshop CS6 on a Lenovo Yoga laptop. In the office, I have an external monitor. When using Photoshop, I use the external monitor at the office. When running it on the laptop away from the office, a couple things happen: 1. The PS window opens...
  8. Pop up Dialog Box Backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop up Dialog Box Backgrounds: I have a vision disability and can't see text on white backgrounds. I'm having problems seeing these dialog boxes text. Example riggt click C drive select properties and tge dialog box opens up with a white background which i cant see any text. Ive got dark mode on everything...
  9. dialog box pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    dialog box pop up: I keep receiving a reminder 'googledrivesync.exe is downloading from OneDrive' with only button available to 'Cancel'. I have cancelled, dialogue disappears then same dialogue box returns within a few minutes. I have tried the following as suggested on these forums: I’d...
  10. Stop hidden taskbar popping up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop hidden taskbar popping up.: Hi All, I want to stop apps "Flashing" / notifiying me and making the taskbar auto popup. This gets very annoying and i would much rather go to the taskbar when I want not when it thinks I want to. Thanks 48612