Windows 10: Where to find help with complex system partition problem ?

Discus and support Where to find help with complex system partition problem ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an issue in moving my win 10 system from one computer to another MBR partition on old, GPT on new. This SHOULD work - it's done day in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottKelley1, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Where to find help with complex system partition problem ?

I have an issue in moving my win 10 system from one computer to another MBR partition on old, GPT on new.

This SHOULD work - it's done day in and day out, but something is corrupting the process so that neither BCDBOOT nor MBR2GPT will get me to a working system.

I need to find someone who is truly an EXPERT on system issues who can diagnose the problem and I'm perfectly willing topay well..., but I have had no luck so far in finding such a person.

Does anyone know such a person?

Know someone who might know such a person?
    Know a company that would have such a person on staff?
    Know how to get into Microsoft support at a level where this knowledge would be found?

Thanks

Scott Kelley

:)

ScottKelley1, Jan 22, 2021
  2. poolmon Win User

Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Where to find help with complex system partition problem ? partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 22, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Where to find help with complex system partition problem ?

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Where to find help with complex system partition problem ?

1. Where to find help with complex system partition problem ? - Similar Threads - Where find help

2. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.: C:\WINDOWS\system32>MBR2GPT.EXE /convert /allowfullos MBR2GPT will now attempt to convert the default book disk. If conversion is successful the disk can only be booted in GPT mode. These changes cannot be undone! MBR2GPT: Attempting to convert disk 1 MBR2GPT: Retrieving...
  3. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hey everyone! So I've been trying to upgrade my Windows 10 to Windows 11.Downloaded PC Health Check --> Secure boot is missingNeed to change mi disk to GPT this lead me to MBR2GPT /convert /allowFullOsI get the Cannot find room for the EFI system partition in Command Propt...
  4. cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hey guys!So I've been notified that Windows 11 is available to upgrade to, but just as many other people, I cannot upgrade due to still being on Legecy MBR and TPM off. I tried the MBR2GPT cmd method and validation is successfull, but upon trying to convert I always get the...
  5. cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hey guys!So I've been notified that Windows 11 is available to upgrade to, but just as many other people, I cannot upgrade due to still being on Legecy MBR and TPM off. I tried the MBR2GPT cmd method and validation is successfull, but upon trying to convert I always get the...
  6. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hello, Microsoft forum people.Recently I've been trying to update from legacy bios to UEFI using mbr2gpt command. However non of my attempt actually succeeded. I kept getting an "Cannot find room for the EFI system partition" error over and over again. I tried all the...
  7. Help regarding system partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help regarding system partitions: So i earlier wanted to migrate my os to another ssd but then decided to do a clean install and format the old, now i did but it seems the system and recovery partitions are still in the older ssd and every time i boot it still asks me too choose between 2 different window...
  8. Complex ethernet and wifi problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Complex ethernet and wifi problems: Hello, For no reason all of sudden, my ethernet connection isn't showing even not in network connections, neither in devices. Also my wifi keeps disconnecting. I tried reinstalling drivers, settings reset, restarts What I know that the problem is in pc sw/hw issue, bc i...
  9. No System Reserved Partition help?

in Windows 10 Support
    No System Reserved Partition help?: disk management isn't showing system reserved partition but there is 500mb unallocated space only. [img] 148775
  10. Choose where the System Partition is created.

Choose where the System Partition is created.: I'm having issues with Windows Server 2016 installing the system partition on the incorrect drive however, it's just like windows 10 in this regard. There are no directly attached storage devices other than the DVD drive. There are 2 raid controllers. The first raid...