Windows 10: where to go for policy editor

Discus and support where to go for policy editor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; see attached image..how do I change that? 116891 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xraiderv1, Aug 29, 2018.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

where to go for policy editor

see attached image..how do I change that?

:)

xraiderv1, Aug 29, 2018
  2. Patricia Yu Win User

group policy editor

Hi Tony,

Group Policy Editor in Windows is a tool to help you manage policy settings. Here's how you can access the Local Group Policy Editor:

• Press Win+R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.

Let us know how else we can help.

Patricia Yu, Aug 29, 2018
  3. borgus Win User
    Group Policy editor warning

where to go for policy editor [​IMG]

This notice appears each time the Group Policy editor is opened, and takes two clicks on OK to close.
    Simple steps to banish it?

Checked out this article, but was unable to rename the two files mentioned. I did delete them, however, and this removed the error message. What damage that did is ... to be discovered. ^_^ Files are in RECYCLE bin.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3077013

borgus, Aug 29, 2018
  4. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 29, 2018
Thema:

1. where to go for policy editor - Similar Threads - where policy editor

2. How do I enable Group Policy Editor.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I enable Group Policy Editor.: I have a window 10 laptop and am trying to download window group policy, I have searched everywhere online either am scare of virus or lose all my PC data....
  3. Local Security Policy Editor NOT FOUND

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Security Policy Editor NOT FOUND: I searched the TenForun AND my PC but found nowhere any indication of SecPol.msc. I have a W10 Home, is that the reason? Where can I download it, please? (Explorer keep asking network password on home network) Thanks! Alain 111678
  4. Group Policy Editor not working

Group Policy Editor not working: I installed Group Policy Editor on my windows 10 home computer and it installed fine. But when I try to enable Windows Defender AV Signature Updates (specify the day of the week on which to check for definition updates) and select (every day) it will not enable. When I hit...
  5. Windows defender missing from group policy editor

Windows defender missing from group policy editor: Dear tenforums! I've attempted to turn off my windows defender via group policy editing, however; following the guide here on the forums(how to turn off defender) there is simply no folder/tree with windows defender in the group policy editor. I have w10 pro and am able...
  6. Group Policy Editor Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy Editor Error: My Windows 10 PC just updated itself to 1703. I have a script which used to run perfectly on Shutdown, but now it does not - I just get an empty black box and nothing happens. (The script still runs fine if executed manually) When I open the Group Policy Editor to...
  7. Group Policy editor warning

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy editor warning: [img] This notice appears each time the Group Policy editor is opened, and takes two clicks on OK to close. Simple steps to banish it? Checked out this article, but was unable to rename the two files mentioned. I did delete them, however, and this removed the error...
  8. Where do copies go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where do copies go?: Just a simple question. In my Documents Directory, I can select an individual file or a folder with multiple files in it. If I right click on it, I get the option to Copy (among others). If I choose Copy, nothing seems to happen ? Did it copy? And if it did where did they...
  9. Open Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10: When I enter gpedit.msc I get the MMC instead of group policy, how do I go directly to group policy? [img] 79976
  10. Policy Editor Not Available In Win 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Policy Editor Not Available In Win 10 Home Edition: Is there any way to control the "Group Policy" in Win 10 Home Edition? gpedit.msc is not available in this edition. 12684