Windows 10: Where to install Programs and Apps

Discus and support Where to install Programs and Apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When doing a "Clean Install" of Windows 10 am I better off installing Apps on the System Drive or on my Data Drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by richard_111111, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Where to install Programs and Apps

When doing a "Clean Install" of Windows 10 am I better off installing Apps on the System Drive or on my Data Drive?

:)

richard_111111, Oct 3, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 3, 2020
  3. rezpower Win User
    Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
    As you suggested Irene I have them listed in "All apps" but it's still not normal not having them listed in windows 10 uninstall app!
    And Roy Computer>C>Users>yourname>appdata>local has all the apps that are currently in " Uninstall or change a program" but
    the apps that are not there are not in this folder either!
    Anyway I find this to be a strange behavior on windows 10 (never had this with any other version). Is this a bug? anyone else have this problem?

rezpower, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Where to install Programs and Apps

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Where to install Programs and Apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Where to install Programs and Apps

1. Where to install Programs and Apps - Similar Threads - Where install Programs

2. Where to programs install their data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where to programs install their data?: Hi,My OEM windows 11 OS failed due to trying to remove Avira and attempting to do a system restore while also plugging in a touch screen tablet port - it I think created an odd set of situations that activated bitlocker on the Asus A17 Tuf Gaming laptop. Long story short I...
  3. Where to programs install their data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to programs install their data?: Hi,My OEM windows 11 OS failed due to trying to remove Avira and attempting to do a system restore while also plugging in a touch screen tablet port - it I think created an odd set of situations that activated bitlocker on the Asus A17 Tuf Gaming laptop. Long story short I...
  4. Where to programs install their data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where does "all apps" list programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does "all apps" list programs: Hi, I have 2 questions1 In the star menu, when I click on "All apps", where does it look to list the apps?2 What are the difference between the following folders maybe related to the question aboveC:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...
  6. Where does "all apps" list programs

Where does "all apps" list programs: Hi, I have 2 questions1 In the star menu, when I click on "All apps", where does it look to list the apps?2 What are the difference between the following folders maybe related to the question aboveC:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...
  7. Where are the installation files of a program I bought from the App Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the installation files of a program I bought from the App Store: HiI've just paid and installed a program from the Microsoft App Store web site for the first time. When it was installed there was a 'Open' button, the program opened. All looks ok and opens from the pinned icon on the start menu.But when I go into my machine I can't find the...
  8. Where are the installation files of a program I bought from the App Store

Where are the installation files of a program I bought from the App Store: HiI've just paid and installed a program from the Microsoft App Store web site for the first time. When it was installed there was a 'Open' button, the program opened. All looks ok and opens from the pinned icon on the start menu.But when I go into my machine I can't find the...
  9. installation of programs and apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installation of programs and apps: Why is windows blocking every printer and anti virus program I am trying to download. I tried to download system suite pc tineup and repair and it installs but will not run due to being unable to download command drivers...
  10. Unable to install programs where I want

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install programs where I want: I had a real issue with my computer and a crash of Windows 10. I had to redo my system because of it. Now I have an even more annoying issuer. I am unable to install certain program where I would like to have them. I have tried to just use my C drive for the operating...